banned for spam ham

Postby maxofsalem » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:38 pm

yolo swag yolo swag yolo swag yolo swag yolo swag yolo swag yolo swag yolo swag
maxofsalem
Jester
Jester

Re: banned for spam ham

Postby TrialBot » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:40 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby maxofsalem » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:01 am

This isn't spam yo

I asked the town if they wanted to see my will. One dude responded with "let's see it", so I posted it into chat. Simple as that.

To post the will, I used the feature in the game that automatically posts your will when you press the button. Since it was a long will, it posted it as a spurt of 4 messages. This isn't spam. People often write long wills, and regardless of what type of wills they may be, the length causes it to come out in 4 quick messages. And this is fine. My will was indeed gibberish, but having a will full of gibberish is not at all against the rules.

It is not so much the content of my will that I was reported for, but rather the 4 message spurt which was considered as spam. I posted my fine will a total of 1 time upon it being requested by the town. It was a singular action rather than multiple repeated actions, which is what spam is. I believe that since I simply used a mechanic that was already implemented in the game to display a will that was requested to be shown, this is perfectly within the bounds of the rules, and the ban is unwarranted.
maxofsalem
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 pm

True, the third+ line of gibberish in that phase was your will, the first two weren't.
Since spam is also seen as disrupting the chat, which your nonsense of that day did do imo, the report could stay with that verdict though.

Also, based on how you worded your first post, you have likely to read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=68801
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby maxofsalem » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 am

The first two lines in that phase, in the context of this particular report, could be seen as distributing pieces of my will. This is true because those lines were still a part of my will, just not the entire will. Posting only a portion of your will is commonly done when posting the entire will is not necessary. It was done once as a whisper since at first I only wanted this singular person to be given this piece of my will, then I posted it to the rest of the town. No excessive message sending here. No spam.

As for disrupting the chat that day, like you claim that I did, I'd have to disagree. In fact, I did the opposite because I led the voting to get someone lynched. I was actively playing the game and making things happen. The "nonsense" took up maybe 2 seconds of time? A very insignificant amount of time to really be regarded as disruption. Regardless, I quickly reversed the effects of said disruption (if there even was any) by leading the vote immediately after.

Your rules on spam are "Avoid sending the same message multiple times, or many messages that are gibberish." As I've shown in this thread, I didn't send the same message multiple times because all I did was post pieces of my will and then my full will when the Town asked for it. The gibberish was not sent "many times" as spam. It was a controlled process with minimal effects, if any at all.

@Flavorable
Let me know what you think.

@LevinSnakesRise You too.
maxofsalem
Jester
Jester

Return to Appeals