suspended for cheating due to series of coincidence and joke

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

suspended for cheating due to series of coincidence and joke

Postby DionDunderson » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm

About a week ago, I was playing a game of Town of Salem with my friend, and I was reported for cheating when I really did not. Everything that happened in that game was entirely coincidental, even if I like to talk in a call on Discord with that same friend while we are in the same game. While we are in a Discord call, we do not reveal ANY information about the game, except for who we were when we died, since that entirely defeats the purpose of the game. We usually just joke around and talk about other things while the game is going on to keep ourselves busy since, depending on the role you get, a lot of nights and days are relatively uneventful, especially when you are dead. During the game that I was reported for, I immediately knew who my friend was since his name was “Goku” for the past 4 or so games. On Day 1, I jokingly said “if i die tonight goku is responsible,” plain and simple. I did not die Night 1. On Day 2, I wasn’t dead, but the mafioso comes out and states "9, please, fuck off, stop holding gurdges from previous games" and then pushed me for no reason other than the one message I sent on Day 1. I was lynched and revealed as Juggernaut, to which I couldn’t even be killed by conventional means unless I was hit by a powerful attack, which was why I was saying “If I die, Goku killed me,” since it generally wasn’t even possible. On the second night, a medium spoke to me. I jokingly claimed that Goku was the mafioso who killed me on Night 1, even though I didn’t die to mafia, and that wouldn’t even be possible. The only factual statement that I said was that I was in a call with him. Additionally, the mafioso ACTUALLY DIED that night, so there was no possible way for Goku to be the mafioso. On day 3, I was verbally harassed by the mafioso who pushed me in dead chat while Goku was upped for being “mafioso” even though it wasn’t even possible. Goku was still lynched by the town, to which the mafioso was furious in dead chat. They continued to verbally harass me, blame me for Goku getting lynched, and then reporting me and leaving the game, not even giving either of us a chance to defend ourselves. All of it was a bunch of jokes and lies that unfortunately resulted in a mislynch, even though the only person WHO DIDN’T TAKE OFFENSE TO IT was Goku. It was all supposed to be a simple joke; a simple throwaway line on the first day that led to a massive argument by an insanely inflammatory player. The mafioso even had the death note “Hi yes, goku here, who 100% called his bluff, and attacked him.” I honestly feel like this was a joke that was taken way too far by other players that weren’t even involved.

kinda a long message for a 24 hour suspension but I feel slightly slighted by this. I've only gotten into the game at the start of the month and this already happened
DionDunderson

Re: suspended for cheating due to series of coincidence and

Postby Jerme » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:59 pm

Greetings,

being in a voice call itself is indeed not rulebreaking, but when information is exchanged that were not publically revealed then its bad/cheating. I have not much see what could've lead to the certain verdict unless the person closing the report thought the knowledge of Goku being Mafia was due to the call.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: suspended for cheating due to series of coincidence and

Postby TrialBot » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Return to Appeals