I got banned for harassment

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

I got banned for harassment

Postby ivosanader » Thu May 20, 2021 9:03 am

Yesterday I played Town of Salem after a long time and decided to queue up for ranked. I got really mad at one point because the Town started throwing a winnable game. I started using inappropriate language which I am truly sorry for. I tried logging in today and got a popout window saying I am banned. My question to you guys at BMG is whether this is a permanent suspension or a temporary one. Since this is my first offense I doubt it is a permanent one but I wanted to contact you nevertheless. I invested a lot of time and money into my account and really hope I am not gonna lose it because of a few bad words. I look forward to hearing from you.
ivosanader
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: I got banned for harassment

Postby Jerme » Fri May 21, 2021 11:18 pm

Greetings,

when the pop tells your, that your account is banned and not suspended with a timer, then its a perment one.
There are certain offenses (like racism, homophobia, pedophilia....) that do warrant a permanent ban right away.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Fri May 21, 2021 11:20 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat May 22, 2021 12:05 am

Makign death threats is something we do not tolerate and thus can result in a permanent one without any previous offenses.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivosanader » Sat May 22, 2021 4:32 am

Honestly this is so cringe, I never knew permabans in ToS even existed yet here I am losing my 4 years old account on my first offense due to lack of knowledge about the terms of use. I guess I will just uninstall the game and never play it again.
ivosanader
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ivosanader » Sat May 22, 2021 4:37 am

Jerme wrote:Makign death threats is something we do not tolerate and thus can result in a permanent one without any previous offenses.

Do you really think people take death threats over the internet seriously, I have been sent death threats in a variety of video games countless of times and my reaction to them was smiling and giggling.
ivosanader
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon May 24, 2021 12:09 am

I am not sure, some will be likely be doing it, in general. Games might not be the most "trusty" source of those threats becoming reality though.
Your reaction to those does not mirror everyone's point of view. You need to honestly get a grip over yoruself, when you use that kind of threats, regardless of the context.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivosanader » Mon May 24, 2021 10:00 am

Jerme wrote:I am not sure, some will be likely be doing it, in general. Games might not be the most "trusty" source of those threats becoming reality though.
Your reaction to those does not mirror everyone's point of view. You need to honestly get a grip over yoruself, when you use that kind of threats, regardless of the context.

Hi,

I am fully aware of the mistake I made. As I mentioned, I did not even know permabans in the game existed. Considering the fact that this is my first offense and that I am truly sorry for my inappropriate behavior, could you lift the permanent suspension from my account and perhaps make it a 3rd offense punishment, aka 7 days ban. It would really make me sad if I just lost my account which I have played on since 2015. Once again, I am truly sorry for what I did and if there is any way I can assure you something like this will never happen again it would be my pleasure to show you. I believe that I am not a toxic person, but on a bad day I occasionally do things I would normally never even consider. I do not know what went wrong with me that game, so please help me get this guilty of my chest and please lift my permanent suspension.

Have a nice day,
Janjić Antun
ivosanader
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ivosanader » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi, Can you please read my reply, I wrote it 2 weeks ago.
ivosanader
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 pm

There is nothing for me to add, which is why I did not reply, but I've read it that time already.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:23 am

If you're giving death threats online on a casual basis, you need help.

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals