Ban Appeal/Hacked

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal/Hacked

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Mon May 03, 2021 8:20 am

I’d like to start off by saying that I was formerly suspended for 3 days for “hate speech/harassment”. I didn’t care to look into this, and three days later, I plug in my info, press play, and I AM BANNED. I have played Town of Salem for around 2 years, and I have 500 games under my belt. TrialBot give me the info about my ban, and I was shocked. Someone got into my account, played at 3 AM (which I don’t do for anything besides sleeping), and harassed a minor.

I am getting banned for this, and I want an explanation. I am a veteran player, and have a clean record (other than a “spam”, which I said “I am blackmailed.” about 5 times). If there is any evidence that I was banned, I’ll change my password ASAP. Thank you for your time.

-PraiseTheGenius
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Ban Appeal/Hacked

Postby TrialBot » Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Mon May 03, 2021 10:28 pm

When I said “evidence of banned”, I meant hacked
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Mon May 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Greetings,

please keep in mind that only invalid reports may be appealed and that the given time of a report might not be equal to your local timezone (for record: the report was submitted at 7:07 am in the UTC timezone)
The report itself should explain the charge, but I can gladly follow up on this: You sexually harassed other players, which is a valid reason for a suspension. Do not do this.
Your account is nearly 1 1/5 years old, btw.
You have been indeed suspended once before, but the report giving you a suspension is not the only one on your record.

Edit: I do not see any evidence of your account being hacked on our side.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Mon May 03, 2021 10:37 pm

Ok, thanks for responding. I would like to say that I did not do this. Even if there was no evidence of a hacker, I didn’t do this.
--
You can take the account away, but an IP ban is a little harsh. How do I get that fixed?
Last edited by Jerme on Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged doublepost, please use the edit button instead.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Mon May 03, 2021 11:05 pm

I apologize, your account is held responsible for the actions it performs.
The IP restriction has been introduced to stop trolls from abusing the free account system too much and this is not something handled here.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 am

I understand. Hopefully I’ll be able to play again soon. Thank you for your time, Jerme.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby TurdPile » Wed May 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Your account is suspended, not banned. The message is showing due to sharing a similar IP with someone else who got banned. The staff in appeals have no control over this, so you either have to wait it out, or use a different network to connect to TOS.

That said, the report looks valid to me, and valid reports cannot be appealed.

Appeal denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals