Appealing: FlamboyantBlobfish

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: FlamboyantBlobfish

Postby FlamboyantBlobfish » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:10 pm

I recently received my first guilty for leaving. I believe it is because I said the words “I’m gonna do what’s called a low elo move” when I was on the stand before I got disconnected. I think it was interpreted that I left intentionally when I said that. It was just extremely bad timing and I was disconnected. I was going to claim mayor and say that “I’m not going to reveal because I want the achievement.” That’s a comically bad defense and what I was referencing when I said I was going to pull a low elo move. This was almost fully a private lobby so I knew almost all of the players and it was clear they all knew I was confirmed evil, so I was just joking around as I knew I would be lynched. They also know that my wifi goes out a lot, so that is why you can see after one person says they will report me, many others say “Don’t report.” But the disconnection made it look like I was leaving on purpose.

After reading the report, I understand how it looked to someone without the context. Because of this, I want to also point out I have played TOS for over 5 years and have over 2,000 games played and this is my first leaving report as well as first guilty. I don’t leave often or anything as you can see by my reports, but when you have so many games played you will inevitably dc in some of them. My wifi is not perfect, and I don’t think its fair to be suspended for it.
FlamboyantBlobfish

Re: Appealing: FlamboyantBlobfish

Postby TrialBot » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Greetings,

it does not seem like a disconnect, as this usually takes a bit longer to go into effect.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby FlamboyantBlobfish » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 pm

I don't really know how it works or how you can tell the time between your last message and when you leave the game, but I was on trial so noone else can talk. That's probably why there are no other messages between my last message and me leaving the game. I think it could've been 10-15 seconds if that means anything. I don't know what to say other than I disconnected and it had me leave the game and that this is the first time I was even reported for leaving which shows it's not like I do this kind of thing often or anything.
FlamboyantBlobfish

Postby FlamboyantBlobfish » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 pm

I also saw Orecreeper was innoed for a leaving report because he had no history of it.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=113425&p=3551994&hilit=appealed+the+leaving+report#p3551994
I also have no history of leaving. Jerme said disconnects usually take longer to go into effect? Usually isn't always, and I'm the exception I guess.
FlamboyantBlobfish

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 am

Apologies for the delay in response to your appeal.

You stated Day 5 clear as day "Always Jailor: im gonna do whats called a low elo move" and then left. That's intent and therefor a valid report and cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals