Suspension for leaving games

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Suspension for leaving games

Postby ichenhamlish » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:32 pm

Hello! I've been suspended for a day for leaving games while alive. I don't do this. I never do this. I get mafia 30 times in a row and don't do this. I report every single person who does this, unless there is categorically no way for their team to win. The game is entirely pointless if people do this.
Please repeal my suspension! Thank you
ichenhamlish
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Suspension for leaving games

Postby TrialBot » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:35 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby ichenhamlish » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Half the mafia left d1! You're absolutely right I left as well.

The way I see it, if 1 mafia leaves, the others can muddle on somehow. If 2 mafia leave, the game is over.

I'm very glad to see these reports have an effect considering how many I file but please reconsider this one. The game had already been thrown.
I've played this game since 2015 and always see a match through even if I get a role I don't like - I shouldn't be held accountable when my teammates won't extend the same courtesy.
ichenhamlish
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:41 pm

Greetings,

leaving while alive is against the rules, regardless if others had already broken the rules. Mafia still had a chance to win, despite being two members down.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ichenhamlish » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:14 am

It's true that mafia still had a chance to win. If 2 mafia had been killed on the first night by a veteran or some other in-game force, as is common, then obviously the game would need to continue.
However 2 mafia left because they didn't like their roles. They threw the game. At that point the game is so out of balance for completely extraneous reasons that it no longer matters who wins or loses. It wouldn't determine which team played better so why continue?
ichenhamlish
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am

One Mafia left because they got banned, as it seems according to the given chatlogs. Not sure about the other one.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ichenhamlish » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:42 am

Perhaps that was "WhitePowerMAGA" who got rightfully banned during name selection. As for the other one, I think it's safe to assume they just didn't want to play as mafia as people leave at the start all the time and generally they turn out to be mafia. (hence my lack of patience with it at this point)
Whatever the reason they left, we can say with certainty it had nothing to do with the game being played as the game hadn't started.
ichenhamlish
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:41 am

Leaving is Leaving.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin