Appealing: feawfeaw

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: feawfeaw

Postby feawfeaw » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:35 pm

I just logged on and noticed I've been suspended for leaving while alive.
While this is technically true, I do this when I am the last coven/mafia in the Town Traitor modes and I've been discovered, and, thus, jailed/blocked whilst town sniffs out the traitor.
I do this so that the timer starts. While this is cheesy, it is NOT gamethrowing and shouldn't be regarded as such since it increases the evil's chance of winning.
Kind of ridiculous I have to explain it since it should be obvious (it's a common tactic), and I always give a hint for it (aka saying "good luck TT" in my will).
If this is against the rules, you should instead fix it so that players can't do this. If you can cheese the system, blame the system, not the player.

So I'd like the suspension to be lifted as this is uncalled for. And on top of that, there should be more caution for suspending players since this is now the third time I have been suspended for "gamethrowing" when I actually didn't. Both times prior were appealed.
feawfeaw
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Appealing: feawfeaw

Postby TrialBot » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Leaving intentionally is clearly mentioned as being against the rules in the rules.

Just because you use it as a "tactic", does not suddenly make the rules not apply.

I mean, hey, if I use multiple accounts in one game to make myself win, I'm still cheating. And if I use racism to get hanged as a Jester, I am still using hatespeech.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby feawfeaw » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:21 pm

Then refer to my opening post where I said "blame the system, not the player".
If me leaving gives my team a bigger chance to win, I will do it.
If you don't want people leaving for that reason, then fix that. This is a pretty lazy way of dealing with it.
I don't care how I come across since this is the third time I've been suspended without warrant, and it's annoying that judges don't seem to read carefully before casting the case as guilty (in my cases anyway).
I'll choose to ignore your last sentence since comparing this to racism or multi-accounting borders insanity.
feawfeaw
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:13 am

The game's rules disallow leaving whilst alive, so using an action that breaks the rules to archvie one's goal (for example spamming as Jester to get lynched) is still not a valid tactic, thus would leaving not be a valid tactic either, as it breaks the rules.

Keep in mind that only invalid reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby feawfeaw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Then let me suggest a way to fix this since this is bad game design.
To my knowledge, every multiplayer game that has "punishable" cheese, takes it out of the equation entirely.
If the sole attacking member of an evil faction leaves, it leaves behind a "ghost", or roleless instance that can still be blocked or jailed. This prevents the timer from starting or the evil faction from killing like it normally would. Now leaving when you keep getting blocked won't help your cause. A new mafioso won't be made either until the old one actually dies at the hand of someone else.
If you got a better idea, have at it.

I just find it unfair and, as I said, incredibly lazy, that you'd punish someone for exploiting cheese within the system and NOT address it technically.
So you really should take this at heart to prevent more discussions like this, since I doubt I'm the only one with this opinion.
feawfeaw
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:02 pm

You're preaching to the choir. None of us have any influence. If you're this upset over a 3 day ban (which is over now btw), go to the Developers and complain about the way their game works;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Leaving is Leaving. This has been a rule since Pre-alpha. There hasn't been a removal or addition of the rule in it's entirety since. It's been right where it is, simply with AFKing being added to Leaving.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals