Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal

Postby QuantumRipple » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Report 2762928. The most infamous person sharing the name of Brenton Tarrant was not a school shooter as claimed by the report. Even if it were a reference to that Brenton Tarrant, the name is no more inappropriate than "Satan" or "Corona Virus" that I shared the game with. All three could be seen as offensive to certain groups of people, much like references to the IRA, but are not homophobic/racist/vulgar.

My actions during the game were, as always, on the topic of the game mechanics and remained courteous to all others who were similarly focused on achieving victory for their faction. We did, unfortunately, have two throwers that game, but due to Hanlon's razor, I did not consider the evidence sufficient to issue a report myself.
QuantumRipple
Jester
Jester

Re: Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 am

How you played did not matter, as the offense is not gamethrowing, which got your account suspended/Banned.
Naming yourself "School shooter" is not allowed, thus would naming yourself after a known one also not be allowed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby QuantumRipple » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:13 am

Jerme,

You would, perhaps, be well served by giving my post a second glance. As I clearly stated, the public figure who also has the name Brenton Tarrant WAS NOT a school shooter. Only the reporter claimed that.

A tangent, but why would the abstract "School shooter" be a disallowed name? There is a role called "Serial Killer", which I would expect to be a perfectly fine (if confusing) IGN in the same vein.
QuantumRipple
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:17 am

Serial Killer would be an allowed name, but "school shooter" is seen as a crime against children and thus not allowed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby QuantumRipple » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:24 am

I guess it's a good thing that the Brenton Tarrant the reporter is complaining about wasn't a school shooter and therefore had nothing to do with crimes against children.
QuantumRipple
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:59 am

So you aimed at the terrorist and mass murderer?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby QuantumRipple » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:15 am

Now you're assuming, much as the reporter did. I have never said I chose the name because of the public figure.

Even if I had, the name would not be inappropriate according to any well defined rules I can find. We just covered that serial killers are OK.
QuantumRipple
Jester
Jester

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:18 pm

So we're expected to believe that you just happened to not mean the name as a school shooter, on the same day they plead guilty to 51 counts of murder? Right...

Appeal denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals