Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal

Postby Masonrod1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Heya, I was recently permanently banned from Town Of Salem for 'leaving games while alive' and I wanted to appeal it.

The only time I will ever leave a game while I'm alive, is if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I can't control when something urgent happens. I'm not lucky enough to have the strongest wi-fi, so alot of the time, it will cut out. Therefore, I'm unable to finish a game. I never will, and never have, left a match simply because I didn't like a role. I have been banned before, and not appealed those bans, as they were justified and reasonable. But this ban is not, if you ask me. I have spent plenty of money on this game, and I understand that I'm not entitled to any sort of re-fund, but I atleast want to be unbanned. I don't want money I spent to go to waste because my internet cut out a few times- or a delivery arrived earlier than expected. That isn't something I can control, if there was any way for me to stay in these sorts of games, I would. I plan to fix my Wi-Fi soon, so the issue with me repeatedly disconnecting should be fixed. But for now, it's out of my control, especially with the quarantining meaning I can't get in contact to anyone for help with my internet connection. That's not even the only issue, I haven't been able to play recently, due to a sickness of a family member, I had to leave a game recently because of them needing assistance, I'm unsure of whether that's the game I was banned for or not though, nonetheless, I have never purposely left a game for whatever reason, unless it was one of the previously stated reasons. I truly hope you can forgive this, I don't want to have lost money from any of this, things are had enough as is.

-Mason
Masonrod1
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:41 pm

The given report does seem more like you intentionally left the game, instead of having an outside source cause you to disconnect.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Masonrod1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:56 pm

I was simply going to refuse to vote, and leave the game up to fate, I wasn't too keen on the personality of my friend, but gamethrowing is not something I'm keen on doing. I can't recall a time where I have purposely gamethrew. I did not purposely leave, but I knew something like that was going to happen, as I say, due to personal issues, I was never able to return to the game until today, where I discovered I had been banned. If there is anyway that I can prove my innocence, then I'm willing to do so. Town Of Salem has became one of my favourite games over the years. It's not even necessarily that I think any sort of ban is unjust. I just don't want my money to go to waste, it isn't something that I get very easily, and I spent money on ToS because it was something that I loved and enjoyed so much. I did not purposely leave that game, that is the truth, although I certainly see why you would think that, it does seem very suspicious of me in that time to leave so coincidentally, but I can promise you, I would never do something like that.
Masonrod1
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Since you only have three reports with a guilty verdict and no log about another suspension, it could be that your are brought back to the correct suspension tier (7 day suspension), but this decision is not up to me.
Just be aware that you may not appeal any valid reports (which your reports seems to me).
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 am

Ban reduced to proper suspension tier.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals