Ban Appeal Artzilol

Postby artzilol » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Testing if it works
artzilol
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ban Appeal Artzilol

Postby TrialBot » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Valid bans prior to November 2018 aren't eligible for appeal.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby artzilol » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 am

Sorry for making another post, i was following an advise i received from an email staff,
i will copy paste the same argument i used for the other one:

I was messaging back and forth with an email staff member to help me solve my issue (Shapesifter13).
It came down to the staff suggesting that they do not handle appeals through email however i should re post my appeal
The staff member was able to help me re activate my account and get my login back as i couldnt even send an appeal to my ban.
here is my case:

I have made an appeal yesterday and I got 4 reasons for the ban,
2 of them for leaving at far different dates, june 11 and oct 09.
I never left a game intentionally as I was grinding rank hard to try to make it to #1, (i was master rank)
It should be understandable that me and other may have internet failures (rarely) or computer restart that can caused DCs
I recall that back then there was no way to reconnect to a game that you got DC from.
So I hope you can agree with me that those 2 times dc in hundreds of games would be considered rare and far insufficient to ban someone for.
The other 2 reasons I got for game throwing under the name of “deaf and mute” has never been me.
If you check the IP for those logs you will notice that I have never used this name playing the game.
A mod replied that Valid bans to Nov 2018 are not eligible, but I hope that wont be the case with me when I was wrongfully banned.
I hope we can agree that keeping someone banned wrongfully no matter how far the eligibility of appeals go would not be fair to anyone.
especially when i supported the game by buying it when it was free and i supported the community.
I do hope you can take your time to review and consider my case.
Thank you for your time
artzilol
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:35 pm

We were given the guideline that no ban prior to 4th November 2018 may be appealed.
What did shapeshifter reply towards your mail exactly?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby artzilol » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:38 pm

To quote :
Shapesifter13 (Town Of Salem)
Mar 24, 9:19 PM CST
"I would suggest you continue posting in your appeal if you believe you were hacked. I do not handle appeals through email." end quote

As i mentioned, i was never under the banned name "deaf and muted" and therefore being hacked seems to be the case.

I also understand that your guideline you were given is says that you cant deal with any appeal before 4th of November and there must be a reason for it which i am not going to ask.

All i am asking is to consider my case as i probably should not have been banned for DCing and being hacked. i was always a fair player to my best ability and never broke terms of service.
I hope some justice can be done about it, Its good to have Rules and guidelines, but not at a cost of punishing a decent player.
artzilol
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:54 pm

There are no hacking attempts known during that time, though.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby artzilol » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:46 pm

People always get hacked, in any game including this game.
Unfortunately i do not have the knowledge of when there was ~known or unknown~ hacking attempts as i personally stopped gaming in 2018.
my bottom line is:
i have never used the name the bot gave out "deaf and muted",
and you can confirm it by checking the IP logs which will prove i am innocent.
artzilol
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 pm

IPs can be easily faked, by the usage of VPNs for example.
Please keep in mind that your account is usually held responsible for the actions it performs.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby artzilol » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am

You are correct Jerme, an IP can be changed, but i am pretty sure there is an easy to verify a VPN on an account as well maybe by seeing multiple IPS from the start or something, From my end i have never used VPN before.
The second thing is not true, no game holds someone accountable for being hacked, its unpreventable for a person like me that do not know anything about cyber security.
artzilol
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 am

Using a secure password, that is not used for something else would be the first step for secure the account.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby artzilol » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 am

I have done that, my password for TOS was Unique for that game and i have not used it before.
artzilol
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:43 am

As aforementioned, bans prior to November 2018 aren't eligible for appeal; you may response to their email with the knowledge that we aren't going to handle it and maybe they'll take a look then.

Appeal denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals