katlikescats ban appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

katlikescats ban appeal

Postby katlikescats » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:02 am

Hello. I’m very new to the game Town of Salem but have been enjoying playing it a lot. I went to log on tonight and saw that my account has been banned for having an inappropriate username. I really don’t understand why this has happened at all and would like to appeal my ban. My username isn’t offensive. I just wanna play the game.
katlikescats

Re: katlikescats ban appeal

Postby TrialBot » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:50 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby katlikescats » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:43 am

The name I used in that game was a game grumps reference. Until now, I didn’t think to see it through the eyes of someone who wasn’t familiar with the bit. Hindsight is 20/20 now, and I understand why anyone would be alarmed or upset by that name. But from the bottom of my heart, I meant absolutely no malice by naming myself that. I was just referencing a bit that I found funny. I never thought of the name in a more sinister way.

Here’s a link to the bit. Again, I didn’t mean any harm by this name and I’m so sorry that I didn’t see how it could’ve been viewed by others. I’m sorry to anyone who was offended by it. https://youtu.be/NQjm1c8BtoM
katlikescats

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:02 am

Please keep in mind that a name referencing pedophilia is not allowed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby katlikescats » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:26 am

I completely understand and agree with that. I didn’t think of that name as anything other than a funny game grumps reference until now. I would never intentionally make jokes about or have a name reference to anything heinous like that. I didn’t think of how anyone not familiar with the game grumps bit would perceive the name and I’m sorry that I used it, I would never want to be associated with joking about something like that. It was not intentional and I would never intentionally do that. Again, I’m sorry for anyone offended by the name and understand why they would be upset if they didn’t know it was a game grumps bit and not a reference to p*dophilia. I can see the misconception in the name and apologize that it caused any hurt to any person. I’ll be more mindful when choosing my character names in the future. I hope that I can continue to play TOS despite this misunderstanding.
katlikescats

Postby katlikescats » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Hello, just posting to ask around when to expect an update on the status of my account. I’ve been checking this thread constantly to see if there’s any update because I would love to get to play again.
katlikescats

Postby Flavorable » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:00 am

There is no ETA, since Admins only handle appeals if and when they have time for it.
Keep in mind, however, that they work from the bottom up, so "bumping" your appeal will generally lead you to being the last on the list.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:56 am

Appeal granted.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals