banned

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

banned

Postby johnS2025 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:31 am

banned for having my name "niiiger" and for having my will say "niger is a wonderful country". Niger is a country in west africa, i think people forget it exists and immediately assume it's racism. but it is in fact a real country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger please unban me, i have 5000 hours into this game.
johnS2025
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: banned

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:54 am

We are aware that "Niger" is a country. May I know why you added more i's to your chosen name?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby johnS2025 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:40 pm

to accentuate the I and not the G in hopes people would read it in their head as NYEeeee-jur. I felt that just having the country name "Niger" was a quick way to be reported and banned. That didn't turn out so well. But i don't have a history with racism and in my chat logs and will there are no derogatory racist statements. Racism isn't something i like to see here. If you unban me, i won't be using this name again. I feel it's too close to the hornets nest and even though i only use it in the context of the country, it's not worth the hassle.
johnS2025
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TrialBot » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 pm

stressing a letter makes it sound more like an evasion, instead of the country.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby johnS2025 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Okay, let's try a different approach here. I have told you my intent but you remain skeptical, so let me try to PROVE to you my intent behind my name. If you would so kindly look at my report between d1 and d2. You'll notice that during d1 and n1, I did not say a single word. However I was killed n1 and therefore my will shows up on d2. That will says "niger is a wonderful country." That means BEFORE i even spoke to anyone during the game, I already wrote down my intention behind my name. And that intention was a reference to the country. Nothing more, nothing less.

You'll also notice my lack of an S on my name. If my name was "niiigers" That would be a clear intent behind evasion. However that is NOT the case. I did NOT intend a derogatory name, i DID intend to name myself after the country.

I hope this helped clear up any doubts.
johnS2025
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:26 pm

Using or not using an "s" in the name doesn't matter, as you do not have to use a plural for a slur.
:ThinkEyes: I apologize for being sceptical, but I still remain it as the will could be a prepared alibi.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby johnS2025 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:32 pm

no worries my man. you seem decent enough and it's your job to remain skeptical. but there is doubt that my name was meant to be a slur. You can't 100% prove within reasonable doubt that it was. Therefore you should give me the benefit of the doubt in this case.

but here's an argument against my will being used as an alibi. In order for it to set up like that, i had to assume, before i even died, that i'd end up banned and would see myself on trial. thats's pretty outrageous. honest truth, i thought the most would happen was some guy in chat would call me a racist and then i'd give him a geography lesson and then go on laughing throughout the day. it's a red herring, a trap that was supposed to make me laugh lol. i didn't think the trial system would actually guilty when i figured out i was being reported, that shocked me. so now, i'm here.
johnS2025
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby johnS2025 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 am

bumping so i can get my ruling.
johnS2025
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:09 am

johnS2025 wrote:bumping so i can get my ruling.

Bumping a thread would push it back on the lsit for processing, so patience is required.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am

Appeal granted, but let's avoid this in the future.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals