Ban appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban appeal

Postby 128ajb » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:07 pm

So i have done my research, and 3 bans are temporary and the fourth is permanent. I have only been banned 2 times prior to this one and those were fair. This ban was leaving while alive. I crashed 2 times before that and the one time I DID leave while alive on was when I had to leave for something important. I was a solo coven in lovers mode without a lover, so I wasn’t harming anyone with the leaving. I feel the ban was unjustified. A temporary ban for a week is acceptable for leaving early, but unnecessary when there are cheaters running free with no punishments.
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Re: Ban appeal

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Post moved to appeals, please use this forum when its about your ban or suspension.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Interesting. It seems that there was a not report based suspension issued to your account inbetween, as your latest guiltied report was not closed with the option of a perm ban activated.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 128ajb » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 am

It just said my account was banned. Not a suspension for a certain time. I will double check and get back to you.
Edit: the message that popped up word for word was

Flummery!
Red x icon Your account has been banned for leaving games while alive
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Postby 128ajb » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:43 am

Also, yes, I have left a couple of games early while still alive, but that was because I was playing during lunch period at school or before dinner, and I have to leave. I will usually try to stay if possible, but when I absolutely cannot, I apologize in chat and have to leave. When my same was sir crashalot, it was because my iPad was crashing a lot. I crashed a total of 4 times that day. All within 10 minutes so I decided to stop trying to get it to work. So in short, I crash a lot, but will say in chat when I’m leaving usually with a message like, sry gtg. Then I leave.
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Please know that you should not leave at all and only play whne you know you got the time for that.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 128ajb » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 pm

I understand. If the ban is a temp ban, shouldn’t it have the timer? This ban has no timer. I will wait a week and see if the ban is still in effect and reply back then.
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:03 pm

When there is no timer, its a ban instead of a suspension.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 128ajb » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:36 pm

So is a Ban permanent or temporary?
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:11 am

Its currently permanent.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 128ajb » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:15 am

Is there any way to appeal said ban?
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Wait for TurdPile or Naru to check out this thread and then we can see, what will be done.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 128ajb » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Okay. Thanks for all your help
128ajb
Jester
Jester

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 am

Back in the day, we had a filter that would suspend you for triggering it too often. That's what happened here, as you have 4 strikes on your account. 3 from reports and the fourth is from the filter.

I've removed the filter strike and reduced the perma to a temporary suspension. Login to start the timer and then wait for the timer to expire and you can login again.

Cheers. Appeal approved.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals