Banned for an exe game where I supposedly threw

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Banned for an exe game where I supposedly threw

Postby Vitromo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:04 am

I have been playing since 2015 and am not an uncontroversial player, but I was banned because of a game where I was exe. I revealed I was exe, I am a neutral role (that is not gamethrowing). I proceeded to tell town who my target was and they would lynch me later on, I said to town don't hang this guy, he is my target. Town hung him and I won the game? (So town was throwing I suppose??). I then proceeded to try to help town through the game, at the end of the game the town who lost even thanked me for trying to help them even when I won the game as neutral. How the hell did this report get guiltied? I have been reported a huge amount of times, but gamethrowing? Never? I have a magnificent record as both Vigilante and Jailor (you can go through my stats), have played for four years. How did that exe game ever warrant a ban? Because I said I am exe, I am going afk? I didn't go afk, I played that game and even won as neutral evil?

Can you check the report???
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Re: Banned for an exe game where I supposedly threw

Postby TrialBot » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:20 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 am

Revealing your target to the town is considered gamethrowing as this would confirm them and is against your winconditions, as you also wanted to have town NOT lynch your target, who got also inno'd by you. This could be seen a gamethrowing (town did do their side to make your attempted throwing futile, though).
Please keep in mind that this was your fourth suspension (each listed report would symbolize a single suspension), and the fourth suspension would be morphed into a ban.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:47 am

I did not consider this gamethrowing, there is a lot of discussion about what is gamethrowing as neutral? If a dying witch reveals maf is she gamethrowing? I have never seen someone banned for revealing they’re exe. I think clearer guidelines on some of the neutral roles may have to be written out? But what happens with me now?

Can I login to play my daily game now or not, I don’t think this game warrants a permanent suspension. There was no intentional throwing, I know the spamming suspensions were justified but for over 2 years I have been trying to play seriously, can we revert this ban?
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:22 pm

The Witches goal is to stay alive while the town loses the game (and no townie being alive), when that is the case, the Witch has won. So a dead Witch cannot win anymore and is free to reveal the info they have gathered.
Please keep in mind that you were suspended for spamming trice before, thus is the gamethrowign report the fourth suspension which is based on our tierlist the perm and that no valid report may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Nonetheless I don’t consider what I did as neutral evil gamethrowing. The last one should be reverted and guidelines should be written about what NE can do.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Vitromo wrote:Nonetheless I don’t consider what I did as neutral evil gamethrowing. The last one should be reverted and guidelines should be written about what NE can do.

The rules are actually quite clear about it.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:29 pm

As a neutral evil you are not aligned to a team, I don’t see how the game would have regressed due to my activities. The town members were throwing, as already confirmed by another moderator.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:13 pm

As Neutral Evil the team is YOU, which means that when you out your target and protect them you are hurting your own chances of winning, which is considered gamethrowing. That the town did throw on their own, doesn't make your own action less gamethrowing.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:51 am

Yes but if you are fully honest with yourself, does this warrant a permanent suspension? The spamming incidents date from 2017, and I still don’t see how a neutral evil, non-aligned can throw in this game. I understand your reasoning and will from now on change how I see NE, but I just want to play again.
I just never considered that as a neutral evil this would be considered throwing, I don't think most of the community is aware of this. I have been playing since 2015 and am Masters in the ranked department, I just want to continue playing and will implement these rulings in my playstyle.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:09 am

if it were your only report, then it would not warrant ban. Yet you have already previous offenses which gave you that man tier. Please keep in mind that previous suspensions/reports do not expire and thus is their age not relevant, I apologize.
Since banevasion is no longer a think are you free to return using a new account.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:14 am

I don’t see how that will help me, I am a regular masters ranked player. I just want to enjoy the excitement of a fun ranked game, I still think I could deserve another chance. I did maybe cross a line as exe, but still feel this was in the grey zone. Is there a chance you could unban me?
Last edited by Vitromo on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:21 am

By any chance I cannot unban you.
I will leave this appeal open, but keep in mind that its likely that the appeal will be denied anyway.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 am

So I am just losing a 2000 elo account I've been playing on since 2015? In such a timeframe it's almost impossible to have played every game to the demands of all the other players. I do think that you feel similarly about the fact that I should be able to return to the game?
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Vitromo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:39 am

Jerme wrote:if it were your only report, then it would not warrant ban. Yet you have already previous offenses which gave you that man tier. Please keep in mind that previous suspensions/reports do not expire and thus is their age not relevant, I apologize.
Since banevasion is no longer a think are you free to return using a new account.

I do know you just said it had no relevancy, but can we consider a lot has changed since those spamming reports?
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Maybe, but sadly we are not allowed to have those reports expire, I apologize.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Jerme wrote:Maybe, but sadly we are not allowed to have those reports expire, I apologize.

Then I still stand by the fact that the gamethrowing report can be nullified and 1 more chance could be given.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:56 pm

By the rules is this report valid, though. There are failed gamethrow attempts and still does the account receive a suspension due to it.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 am

Jerme wrote:By the rules is this report valid, though. There are failed gamethrow attempts and still does the account receive a suspension due to it.

Still I feel there could be some leniency given the circumstances of the throwing, the age of the reports and the general standing of my account. It's not that I'm a known troll or rule offender.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Vitromo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:19 am

Don’t you agree?
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:31 am

It does not matter if I personally agree or not, the rules are currently formed the way that no valid report may be appealed and thus remains the current punishment as this.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:09 am

Jerme wrote:It does not matter if I personally agree or not, the rules are currently formed the way that no valid report may be appealed and thus remains the current punishment as this.

Still I stand by the fact that a permanent suspension is not valid, especially not if it was triggered by that EXE game.
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:11 am

The suspensionlength is build on the amount of previous suspension and thus, unless the offesne warrants a perm ban rightg away, will the fourth suspension be a ban regardless of which rulebreak it has been, I apologize.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Vitromo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:38 am

Jerme wrote:The suspensionlength is build on the amount of previous suspension and thus, unless the offesne warrants a perm ban rightg away, will the fourth suspension be a ban regardless of which rulebreak it has been, I apologize.

Yes, but are you by any chance going to revert it? Or did 4 years of progress just go down the drain?
Vitromo
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:01 pm

To revert what exactly?
The validity of your report(s)? The suspension system? Or the current appeal rules? Or something different?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Appeals