Appeal for cyclonecasey [HACKED]

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal for cyclonecasey [HACKED]

Postby cyclonecasey » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Today I tried to log into Town of Salem for the first time in months and months, and was shocked to see I had been banned for "Gamethrowing"
I NEVER gamethrow, and I report anyone that I even suspect of gamethrowing, as well as anyone cheating, spamming, or bullying, I take the rules of this game VERY seriously, I was even active on the Trial System with a rating of1990. Someone like me getting banned for gamethrowing is the truest of true ironies.
Thinking about it I think I might know how this has happened, The reason I haven't played in so so long is becasue my laptop was getting old and could no longer correctly run the game. I would frequently encounter errors where everything would completely freeze, the timer would stop counting down, and I wouldn't be able to do anything, incredibly frustrating especially when I game was going well. Othertimes the game would glitch out from the very start, where I'd be able to see what other people are saying but no names, not nothing. And then of course, there were internet dropouts, again the laptop was old.
I have so many achievements, town points, costumes, I can't start over. Please, the only thing I've done wrong is have a crappy computer and crappy internet.
Last edited by cyclonecasey on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyclonecasey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appeal for cyclonecasey

Postby TrialBot » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Re: Appeal for cyclonecasey

Postby cyclonecasey » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 pm

TrialBot wrote:Here are your reports:

This was not me. I haven't played Town of Salem probably since mid-year maybe even earlier. Last time I KNOW I played was sometime in Fabruary. Someone hacked my account, please tell me what to do.
cyclonecasey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appeal for cyclonecasey [HACKED]

Postby Meandrina » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:21 pm

You were permanently banned because your account was compromised since you never changed your password after the breach a year ago. Change your password and once that is verified you will be unbanned.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby cyclonecasey » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 pm

I didn't even know there was a breach, I've reset my password
cyclonecasey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:50 pm

The breach happened at the end of December last year and was publically announced along with an information email sent to the email address linked to the game account.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby cyclonecasey » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:22 am

Must have got sent to junk or something. Any idea how long it will take to verify?
cyclonecasey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi there.

I can confirm the password change, so I have gone and unbanned your account.

Cheers!

Appeal approved.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals