do you really find this warenting of a permanent ban?

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

do you really find this warenting of a permanent ban?

Postby Embarker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:32 pm

The entire reason my name is that is because last game, someone kept spamming that they were a woman so they couldn't be lynched.

im just curious if you really think this justifies a permanent ban, because in my 1000+ games ive seen people do far far worse. It's not like im spamming how we should put women in concentration camps or anything, what I did seems extremely mundane to me. In the first instance (at game start) I thought the "incel rage" part was pretty funny, almost as if I was making fun of the women haters that you guys are accusing me of being. Sure, I guess that's not clear from your point of view, but hey, what can you do. In the second instance, I followed it up with a "jk". Aside from those two instances, I didn't find anything spicy in the chatlogs.

It's probably pretty hard to sort through the people who come from the app store to spam the nword, and players like me who happen to make a joke about incels because of throwers last game, but I still dont think this warrants a permanent ban (honestly I dont even think its worthy of a temp ban either, but I dont think thats even on the table).

in hindsight, obviously I wouldnt do it again.

I mean if this is what ends my TOS career, so be it, but I think this is kind of petty.
Last edited by Embarker on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Embarker
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: do you really find this warenting of a permanent ban?

Postby TrialBot » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Meandrina » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:37 pm

I don't find your choice in name to be a joke. Plus your in game comments on day 1 and in whisper "i hate women to Eggman: imagine innoing like a vagina, thinking of kill you now"
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Embarker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Meandrina wrote:I don't find your choice in name to be a joke. Plus your in game comments on day 1 and in whisper "i hate women to Eggman: imagine innoing like a vagina, thinking of kill you now"

ingame comments was me roleplaying as an incel ONCE at d1, since I think their hatred of women is pretty comical, and the second instance was followed up with a jk. I understand if you dont find making fun of incels funny, but idk.

if you find this anywhere near the level of what other people do, and not just a joke about about incels, then keep me perma'ed I guess. although in hindsight this was clearly a mistake and teetering on the lines of something bannable, it really was not my intention whatsoever to make women fearful of my harrassment. When people actually want to do hatespeech and just want to ruin games, they spam this shit constantly and go into lobbies and do it for multiple games. I hope its clear that this was solely because SOMEONE ELSE was breaking the rules by spamming they were unlynchable because they were a woman. I wasn't trying to ruin the game, and I wasn't intent on spreading hate speech.
Embarker
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Please keep in mind that one rulebreak does not justify an other and that there are "jokes" that are not understood online.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Embarker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Jerme wrote:Please keep in mind that one rulebreak does not justify an other and that there are "jokes" that are not understood online.

well im sorry that I wasn't exactly thinking about the socio-political position of women after a person called "a woman" (or something really really similar) had just gone all game unlynched, unjailed, and unexed because "they are jest". I think my name was apt of what I was feeling at the moment, a direct reference to the person who had ruined my last game. Even my first comment in-game was in the form of "a woman". It's funny, these community run appeal systems never get anything unbanned, so I don't even know why I tried. Despite it being very clear this ban/story is nuanced as fuck, you people stick to your guns in keeping me perma-banned because there's the slight possibility that I hate women?

There's a reason I have over a thousand games and I've never had another report for hate speech, and its because this was a one time thing that wasn't hate speech, but simply taken out of context. But I guess that doesn't matter, guilty til proven innocent. If I ran this and had a shred of doubt about if the ban I gave was legit, i'd move it down to a suspension. But hey, that's just me.
Embarker
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Roleplaying is fine until it violates the rules.

Report is valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals