Appealing: nex4k

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: nex4k

Postby nex4k » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm

I do admit I have left some games while alive in the past.

The majority of those however were already thrown, i.e. when I was mafia and the very first day one or two teammates left the game alive. Continuing to play at this point is a punishment on its own: You barely stand a chance to win with only 2 or 3 mafia in total when early in the game, forcing you to waste your time for no reward (or fun) until you are "allowed" to leave.

The report that caused my ban here was exactly one of those games. Godfather left the game even while still in the lobby/role assignment screen. He already appeared dead on the ground as soon as the first day began.

A couple also did happen due to forced reconnects by my ISP when I was playing late at night. There is no fixed time when they do it (other than "sometime at night") so I can't really plan ahead for that.

And then very recently, after the new Steam client was released, there were a lot of disconnects from the server. I know this wasn't on my side as everyone else in the game after I joined back in reported the same.

-----

Punishment should be on the first leaver of a team, but not the rest. The remainder of the team has been punished already by the first guy leaving which doomed their chances of winning the match. Don't force them to stay in the already lost game. (Not that much for player-heavy factions like town, but extremely severe for mafia, given a ranked practice role list.)

That being said, please unban my account. Look at how many games I've played; look at the reports. The more games you play the more reports you will inevitably rack up, and a ton of them are for invalid reasons ("inappropriate username", we've had that one already) and the last one I've actually been voted guilty on has been over a year ago. You can clearly see that I am not using this account to troll or gamethrow on purpose. Thanks.
Favorite roles: Jailor, Transporter, Bodyguard, Veteran, Vampire, Consigliere
Most hated roles: NK, Disguiser, Medium
Elo is flawed for this game!
nex4k
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Appealing: nex4k

Postby TrialBot » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:49 pm

The games rules say that you may not leave the game, thus leaving, regardless of the roles and mostly regardless of the circustances is against the games rules, thus the report is valid.
Please keep in mind that only invalid reports (carrying a guilty verdict) may be appealed, do you consider any of the three other listed reports as invalid?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nex4k » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:29 am

I consider them a joke (you apparently do not) or at least negligible given the amount of games played and the general behavior of the other players. I'd say the report history of an intentional griefer would look very different than mine. Filter out all the invalid "inappropriate name" reports and the list ends up being fairly short considering the amount of games played and age of the account.

So now what, I can kiss this 4 and 1/2 year old account with tons of unlocked cosmetics (and loads of merit points) goodbye just because reports apparently still never time out?
The spamming one was submitted about one and a half years ago, the gamethrowing one also more than a year ago.
nex4k
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Reports do not expire anymore, thus the age doesn't matter, I apologize.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nex4k » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Another way to make money... force regular players to periodically buy the game again and make a new account, as one will inevitably rack up enough guilty reports for a permaban sooner or later with play. There are better methods to make money... methods that don't involve pissing off the regular user base.

I really hope an admin takes a look at this stance again with reports not expiring.

The only people this new ruling hits are the honest players who end up getting their one and only "main" account banned. The ones looking to cause trouble on purpose do it on dummy accounts they do not care much about.
nex4k
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 pm

I do understand your frustration on this case. The rules were given us to enforce with the no expiry clause since February of this year iirc.
There are quite a lot of honest players that would not break the game's rules to receive valid reports, as well.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 am

Hi there.

Unfortunately per Developer guidelines, these reports cannot be removed regardless of age, as they're all valid. Last time I saw you, I had to remove all of the strikes as they weren't valid. Unfortunately these are all valid this-go-round so I I can't offer you anything in this regard.

This may change in the future, however I cannot say for certain. Apologies in advance.

Appeal denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals