ThorAxe18's Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

ThorAxe18's Ban Appeal

Postby ThorAxe18 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 am

So I found out that I have received a permanent ban on my account yesterday. I took a day to collect my thoughts and such before writing this out. First off, I would like to acknowledge that I am appealing for myself and acclaim responsibility and accountability for said actions. I will also note that this is not guaranteed to be accepted and that this is just to find out what Turdpile and/or Naru2008 would have ultimately determined within my only appeal chance. I will note that as per to the trial system, the suspensions are as follows: 24 hours, 3 days, 1 week then permanent ban, therefore I will try and describe all 4 guilty reports the best as I can to my understanding from my perspective and not from others as they would have involved me the most.

-Guilty Verdict #1
Oh boy. Ok this one was a very long time ago. 2 years approx I believe. Taking a look at that one, I'm not going to fully remember since it was 2 years ago but from my perspective on this one was that I was attempting to pressure and poke some fun around with how some people type in the game. Since it fell in the hate speech/harassment, I believe the main reason this would have gotten an guilty vote was because I had bypassed the language filter for the word "Faggot". I will explain more on Guilty Verdict #3 since that one was for the same exact reason. This one was the only guilty verdict that I have received in 2017. The other three were definitely applied all of this year.

-Guilty Verdict #2
This was for outing the VIP in a VIP mode game 5 months back. Here's the catch it's basically, there's no hidden rules in and out about this. However, whether or not this was right or wrong to do, even after overlooking how players try to prove innocence on stand, I will still take full responsibility and accountability for that guilty verdict with no questions asked. Thing is, luck can turn out disastrous. I was in Psychic's vision when I was getting a small snack. I happened to have a role I barely even had to do anything at night and by really crappy chance, it was also one that was hard to prove. I obviously went on stand and called out my role which was obvious thing to do but what other proof did I even have around to confirm my innocence on stand? I was what I claimed to be since there was nothing I can do at night and I would also like to note that on this one, it is debatable town had won in the end so they were still able to do the job and what I had done didn't have much to do with the outcome.

-Guilty Verdict #3
Very self explanatory suspension from 3 months back. Same reason. Bypassing the filter for "Faggot" again. This is where I'm going to fully admit that this has happened twice now if the one from two years still counts as of today. I believe that it's understandable that many of the players were toxic in their own ways and I blew my fuse that day. If I seriously could apologize to anybody in those two games or compensate them in any way I would. I'm not sure I'm going to see my chances that high either because ultimately, this is also supposed to be a PG game and that when I bypassed the filters those two reports, I made a bad example and image for BMG and the community within because sometimes hurtful words can do more than just about anything honestly.

-Guilty Verdict #4
Once again, same scenario, same outcome and this is also another twice in a row incident that I admit that I had done. Pretty much same thing. Psychic throwing his vision out and instead of Retributionist in this one, I had gotten trapper. Also the same thing where the role itself is not provable. Also got put on stand, Provided my will with no other way to prove my innocence that day as well. So short story short, I was cornered in the same position within the town. Like I said on the guilty verdict #2 I take full responsibility and accountability for what was done since this was a guilty verdict as well and even more for sure on this one because Coven actually did end up winning that one.

Again, I understand that the appeal will not guarantee a grant and this is, as I stated, is something for Turdpile and/or Naru2008 to fully determine. If either of you two have any additional questions or inquiries please let me know in a reply on the thread or in a PM and I'll respond accordingly when I get the chance to.
ThorAxe18
Jester
Jester

Re: ThorAxe18's Ban Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:10 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:53 pm

Please keep in mind that usually only invalid reports may be appealed.
The Hs/H reports are both 100% valid, and since revealing the VIP counts as gamethrowing, the GT reports are looking quite guilty too.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ThorAxe18 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Jerme wrote:Please keep in mind that usually only invalid reports may be appealed.
The Hs/H reports are both 100% valid, and since revealing the VIP counts as gamethrowing, the GT reports are looking quite guilty too.

Yup. Exactly. This is definitely why I really don't see the chances being too high to be honest. Just wanted to step up and explain myself here and there because at that point, I believe that the most I can probably do was owe an explanation with my insight to shed some more light on what was going on from my end. I definitely knew I owe an explanation nevertheless and I normally don't see as many people taking the same kind of stuff into accountability and from my own end, I wanted to take the right step and be really openly honest and genuine when I wrote the appeal.
ThorAxe18
Jester
Jester

Postby TurdPile » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:29 pm

These all look valid to me. Apologies.

Appeal denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals