Appealing: ItsAPG

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: ItsAPG

Postby OralShreks » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 am

Good day all,

I would like to appeal my current suspension. If you look over my history of reports, I've only ever had a single report on this account.

I was suspended for game throwing, on the grounds that I outed myself as mafia (and apparently because I also outed the arso...as consig... who found the arso?).

I outed myself due to the fact that I no longer wanted to play the current team of people I was playing with, in an All Any lobby.

On N1, one of our janitors (HimeLisa) decided to clean a random person. Not even someone we were attacking.
I got the role of 'O', who was arsonist.
The following night, Mafioso went to attack 'O', and both janitors went on him, despite me telling them that O was arso (numerous times).

After playing several games with these same people, it's apparent that they were just causing trouble, and not even trying to play the game properly. Lavanate2008 had jailed and not executed confirmed SK in the previous game. On top of this, Lavanate2008 and zmrkhrdn were partied, and joining lobbies together. So they were playing as a group, and making mistakes that were too obvious to NOT be considered intentional.

There is absolutely no history of me playing this way over the past ~100 games. This is the first time I've ever tried to get myself hung, as I just didn't want to be in a game where I was on the same team as, in order, someone who's never played before, and two people who have a history of intentionally ruining games, or making terrible decisions.

Kind regards,
ItsAPG

EDIT:
Mostly for grammar and spelling purposes, but I'd also like to point out;

I play ToS every day. I report anyone breaking the rules, regardless of game mode. I try to be civil and and friendly towards every player, regardless of their role or personal beliefs. I do my best to be an upstanding member of the community, and not give way to toxic behavior on my part, or the parts of others. It is likely that you will either never see another report on my account, or if you do, it'll be for illegitimate reasons. ToS is one of my pass times, so I tend to treat it with care, as it's something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

My brother introduced me to the game fairly recently, and I've been playing daily ever since. I love ToS, and I find the community interesting and (at times) fairly quirky and funny.

I would sooner run into a local restaurant and terrorize the patrons, than I would exhibit toxic behavior in the ToS community.
Last edited by OralShreks on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
OralShreks
Jester
Jester

Re: Appealing: ItsAPG

Postby TrialBot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:00 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am

Please keep in mind that only invalid suspensions may be appealed and it seems that you did gamethrow in that game.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OralShreks » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Good day,

I do realize this, I can see why the rule is in place, and I can fully understand why making an exception to the rule could lead to problems down the line.

I guess the point I was trying to make here is that over the course of ~100 games, I've broken absolutely no rules (excluding this one, express situation). This gamethrow would never have occurred outside of these specific circumstances, and I have a long history of regular, throw-free games to support that claim.

To break it down to a list of reasons why this throw occurred:
  • The people on my team had been throwing (or at least making some questionable decisions) in several 'All Any' lobbies prior to this one.
  • In outing myself, I did not out any of the other mafia, and I even went as far as to out the arso, so that in my dying, I could still do something to assist my team.
  • Post-hanging, the Mafioso claimed 'investigator', which is the same thing that Lavanate2008 (who turned out to be the mafioso) had been claiming for multiple games in a row, with no will. This was annoying, as it was obvious that they were doing the exact same thing that they'd been doing over the past few games. Whether or not that can be seen as throwing is up to the staff team. At the time, and even after this whole interaction, I still consider it throwing.

In all honesty, I made the mistake of getting angry, instead of playing the game through, and then finding a lobby without Lavanate2008 or their friend in.
It was an honest mistake, and I did my best to get myself out of the situation without having done nothing (RE: getting the arso hung).

Long story short, even if the ban cannot be appealed, and the whole forum thread was for nothing; I'd just like for it to be known that I did my best to not throw in this situation, and that it is unlikely that something like this will happen in the future.

Kind regards,
ItsAPG
OralShreks
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Just learm from this error and od not let any action happening in the games get to you, it just results into unrequired and undesired actions.

Valid suspensions may not be appealed, thus is your appeal denied.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Report is valid and valid suspensions may not be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals