Ban appeal: DovydasHU

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban appeal: DovydasHU

Postby DovydasHU » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Couple things wrong:

1. was my 3rd guilty, and not the 4th.

2. why is Fine Person of the Female Variety hard filtered? It's used in UK and Australia very frequently and isn't what anyone would consider a ban worthy word. There are many more way more offensive words not filtered, yet Fine Person of the Female Variety is. This is more of a note, cause I obviously do not think it will have an impact on the appeal, it's more about point no.1, I was simply advised to appeal it.
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Re: Ban appeal: DovydasHU

Postby TrialBot » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:56 pm

The word might be allowed somewhere else, but it does not mean it has to be allowed everywhere. THere are a few words filtered. There are two filters, one which replaces words and one that doesn't allow the use of that word.
It seems that you received either an automatic suspension, or a manual suspension for something else then.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:02 pm

Jerme wrote:The word might be allowed somewhere else, but it does not mean it has to be allowed everywhere. THere are a few words filtered. There are two filters, one which replaces words and one that doesn't allow the use of that word.
It seems that you received either an automatic suspension, or a manual suspension for something else then.

I couldn't have received automatic one cause ban happened quite a few games later
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Some games later than the one you got banned for?
Keep in mind that the date of the report is not the close time, instead its the file date.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Yes, the guilty verdicted happened during a later game, cause I got banned during night time, so I couldn't even have written anything that would've gotten me banned. In fact, the game I got guiltied took place at very least a few hours prior to the ban
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 pm

The report got closed on the 24th, 5:40 PM UTC. That would be the ban itself I believe.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Jerme wrote:The report got closed on the 24th, 5:40 PM UTC. That would be the ban itself I believe.

Well probably, that would align with the 1pm report date. Why is it permanent?
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:40 am

That is because you received a suspension, that was not issued by a closed report. Instead it was either because of one of our filtering systems (hardfilter or spamfilter), or you received a manual suspension.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:15 am

Jerme wrote:That is because you received a suspension, that was not issued by a closed report. Instead it was either because of one of our filtering systems (hardfilter or spamfilter), or you received a manual suspension.

so...what are my options, considering it's not justified and it wasn't a filter ban
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:30 pm

I beleive that is something we have to investigate, then after finding the reason we can talk about that being justified or not.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 pm

actually, I believe there simple was some sort of error made previously, because I remember my second guilty being a week, which does not align with standard suspension length, so I think the mistake was made way before this went through.
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:58 pm

If you say mistake, from which side would it be one?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:05 am

Jerme wrote:If you say mistake, from which side would it be one?

well, administrative mistake was made by one of a jurors (if he's the one setting suspension length), if I was given a suspension that was too long
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:34 am

DovydasHU wrote:

well, administrative mistake was made by one of a jurors (if he's the one setting suspension length), if I was given a suspension that was too long

The suspension length is automatic. I believe what Jerme was trying to say earlier is that if you got banned with only 3 guilty reports, chances are you got suspended before (either before or after your first guilty report) by the ingame filter. That's the yellow one that warns you that you're saying something that's filtered and to not do it again.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DovydasHU » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 am

Flavorable wrote:
DovydasHU wrote:

The suspension length is automatic. I believe what Jerme was trying to say earlier is that if you got banned with only 3 guilty reports, chances are you got suspended before (either before or after your first guilty report) by the ingame filter. That's the yellow one that warns you that you're saying something that's filtered and to not do it again.

I've no way of knowing that to be honest, my previous guilty was, I believe, like 9 months ago, and that's all that I remember, so I guess if you have ways to check what happened, you should know exactly what went down. I've had no suspensions in between then and now
DovydasHU
Jester
Jester

Postby TurdPile » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:28 am

Reduced ban to proper suspension tier.

Appeal granted.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals