Appeal for Tilesoh*Sorry I just got my Trialbot*

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal for Tilesoh*Sorry I just got my Trialbot*

Postby tilesoh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 am

Hello,

I know it says to not make a second post, but I saw how to private message trialbot and I got the report that got me banned.. and that is definitely not me. Is there a way to check what IP address was logged into when that account was banned? Because I can provide the only two IP addresses I have ever played from in the past three years(Home/Office). The user made a name 'Matt Damon' and started spamming the n word all game, in my three years of playing this game I have never ever done something so childish or down right racist. I am usually the person in a game to openly state how wrong that person is for doing something like that. I really hope there is a way to check the ip address or something associated with that login because again I can provide the IP addresses of my home and office.
The names I usually play under are default given, Shaun, or Tilesoh.

Thank you for the time to read this, I hope something can be done because that is 1000000% not me, and if I told you what my password was you would probably call me an idiot(I didn't really take my ToS account very seriously). I'm actually glad in a way this happened to an account that isn't associated with anything of real importance(SSN/Bank/Real information) because this is a very real wake up call.

*Update* If you read the topic viewtopic.php?f=40&t=100653 for this user, I believe the person who hacked his account is the same person who hacked mine(I have changed my password since then), because earlier he had a topic and a reply to the trialbot and now his topic is edited to more racist nonsense and his reply is gone. They were going around using the name's Curry and Sey a lot when a player named 'Matt Damon' started requesting that people report them etc. It looks like they started using his name to spam the same racist nonsense on my account.

https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=2409012 this is what got me banned and this: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=2408713 is from another user a few hours before, the similarity in how they are spamming and what they are saying was noticeable to me when I saw his post. I live in PST timezone so at the time this player was doing this I wasn't even awake, again I hope there is a way to verify that was not me I think my account had near 2,500 games played and while I might get salty sometimes I just don't associate with those words or any words of racism.
Last edited by tilesoh on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tilesoh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appeal for Tilesoh*Sorry I just got my Trialbot*

Postby TrialBot » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Did you change your password after the announcement of the databreach that happend and the recommendation to change one password?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tilesoh » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 pm

No I did not, I missed it; if it got emailed to us the email associated with my ToS account isn't really used anymore(it's very old). I still have access to it and have since changed my password so they cannot access it any longer. I'm updating my email to my current email address now.
tilesoh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:01 am

We will be investigating this issue and see what will unfold.
I apologize in advance, as this process will take its time.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tilesoh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Thank you I appreciate it, and no worries I understand.
tilesoh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby tilesoh » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 am

Is there any update on this? Others that were banned and posted the same day as me have long been unbanned.
tilesoh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:16 pm

I do not have an update, atm. Please remain patient.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tilesoh » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:28 am

I am being patient, but when others that were banned and posted hours before me have long been unbanned it makes the process seem very unclear... Purchased game on steam... multiple ingame transactions... 2,600 games... and someone after the data breach(that may I add an ingame announcement would have been great) takes my account and gets 1 report made against it and there has been no update to me what so ever.

I understand it taking time, but the same incident happened to other users who posted a couple of hours before I did.. how does their resolution for the same exact situation get resolved 9+ days before mine when we posted hours apart? That is what is frustrating right now.
tilesoh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:11 pm

You have to keep in mind that this is a situation that has to be checked out and not your run of the mill suspension/ban.

Only the Admins can help you with this, since they are the ones that have to check everything. The biggest bunch of people who were really hacked have posted their Appeals just about in the first week or so of it happening, and they all got checked in one fell swoop. Anyone who came later, takes longer to handle, since Admins are also just people with regular lives and jobs who can't just drop everything.

I understand the frustration, but sadly we can't help any more than give info until an Admin can check out your entire case.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tilesoh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:41 am

I would understand your reasoning for mine being missed... but mine was posted in the first wave. I have even been in contact with someone who was unbanned about two weeks ago now and we made our posts hours apart... I think my post was made 5 actual threads apart from theirs. I'm sorry but not even being able to provide an update after 20 days... really? It's starting to seem like it's just being blown over, I understand needing to investigate an incident thoroughly but my account has 2,600 games, bought on steam, micro transactions, and ONE report of someone clearly trying to get the account banned has taken this long? I'm sorry but it just seems like the powers at be could careless if those of us this happened to just shut up and never played again.
tilesoh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am

Basically the only person who can actively investigate this is TurdPile and he was on vacation until recently. Add to that the fact that the more an Appeal gets "bumped", the lower back into the queue it goes, since Appeals are handled from bottom to top and not the other way around nor from creation date.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Appeal granted.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals