Appeal: Cryosis

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal: Cryosis

Postby Cryosis » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:16 pm

Hello, I went to boot up the game tonight only to be met with a message saying I had been permanently banned for an inappropriate in-game name. I had no idea what it was talking about and was quite shocked to see that my account had been permanently banned with no warning or even a message saying I had been banned outside of the one that popped up when I tried to sign in via Steam. So, I went ahead and messaged the trialbot and apparently someone had reported me over the joke name "Gaxterminator" in a game where someone tried to push for a "pride theme" in the lobby (which is a name I didn't even intend to actually use for the match but the timer ran out before I could put my actual choice in, though I know that doesn't change the fact it is the name I ended up using).

The reporter apparently claims that I "want to get rid of all the gays", which is a ridiculous and baseless accusation (I should note that I am bisexual myself) as I did not act hateful towards any individual or group, nor did I harass or target anyone in-game or otherwise be unpleasant/disruptive, I just got on with the game as normal. The worst thing I said that match was calling my fellow townies idiots, which a lot of other people did (and seem to do every game). Now, I'll admit, in hindsight I can see how the name could be misconstrued as hateful but I'd have thought it was silly enough that no one would take it as a serious message of hate/homophobia or whatever and I had no ill-intent other than my disdain for themes in general (if someone had tried to push for a bug theme, I'd have named myself something like "FlySwatter" or "Roachxterminator", if the latter would even fit the character limit).

So, I could understand if I had received a suspension and a warning saying something like "Hey, names like that aren't allowed, don't ever do it again", but I hardly think it is remotely fair or appropriate for my entire account to be permanently banned over something so trivial when I wasn't even being hateful to anyone, disrupting the game, or throwing, etc. I have purchased both premium and coven and have invested over 280 hours into the game since 2015, I'm not some f2p troll who is just trying to get a rise out of people, I'm a genuine player who just wants to have fun and get back into the game after having not played for years. And so I would greatly appreciate it if the permanent ban could be lifted and I guess I'll be more thoughtful with my choice of name in the future and not pick a random name at whim while the timer runs down.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (sorry for the length) and consider my appeal!
Last edited by Cryosis on Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cryosis

Re: Appeal: Cryosis

Postby TrialBot » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:20 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:43 am

Greetings,

please note that each of the four listed reports Trial Bot posted symbolize a punishment issued to your account. Your comment in the lobby 'All "pride" themes get killed' does turn your name choice into the direction of what the report comment does hint at. The rules are for everyone the same, regardless of their orientation, religion, ethnic heritage, etc. Well, sometimes you need to think before you choose a name caused by disdain from the requested themes, as the chosen name could end up being against the rules. As it was in the current situation.
Our current guidelines allow only invalid, non archived reports to be appealed, three of your reports are archived and the last seem to be quite valid. We do have a tier based suspension system (the fourth being the last), but there are offenses, for example homophobia, antisetmism and racism, that would warrant a permanent ban on their own.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cryosis » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:31 am

"Your comment in the lobby 'All "pride" themes get killed' does turn your name choice into the direction of what the report comment does hint at."
I don't personally see how, since I was talking about the theme, not LGBT+ people. And I didn't even target anyone when the match actually began because that'd be gamethrowing. So, I don't believe it is valid on those grounds.

Also, in regards to the whole previous reports thing, does that mean I'm being punished for something that probably happened 5 or more years ago? And I'd wager those two gamethrowing reports are invalid since I never do that and always report people who do, I just didn't bother to appeal them since they were just suspensions and it was less hassle to just wait them out. Or are you trying to say that stupid name on its own is apparently enough to justify completely locking me out of my account and revoking my ability to play the game?
Cryosis

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:53 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals