Ban Appeal - HulkSmesh1

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal - HulkSmesh1

Postby Hulksmesh1 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:03 am

Hi,

I would like to appeal the ban I received for Leaving.

I have horrible internet, and my game crashes during the name selection/role picking part.

I've never received a ban for this in the past, however I find the timing of this ban suspicious. Coincidentally this comes the same night that Flavorable and others in the "unofficial" Town of Salem Discord banned me from the server. They tout that it's the unofficial Discord server and that "no staff" are there, however it is ran by actual staff. Staff who clearly do not like me, and carried it over into this game.

They can ban me from their Discord and that's fine, but to then take that into this game and randomly ban me for something that is out of my control is making it personal, and an abuse of power.

I don't care that it was just a 1 day ban, because it's my first offence, the problem is that it's a ban on my account to begin with that should not be there.

I would like to hear what made this time any different than all the others that I've been reported for and found innocent of, and how it *doesn't* have anything to do with what happened in the Discord server.
Hulksmesh1
Jester
Jester

Re: Ban Appeal - HulkSmesh1

Postby Jerme » Wed May 18, 2022 10:38 pm

Greetings,

the discord server you are talking about is not official and only community operated. Its a coincidence that some of the community staff of ToS have a staff position there as well.
You were deemed as a serial leaver, as you have apparently left more than 50% of the games you've started. This is in my opinion quite a valid reason to suspend someone and not an abuse of power.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Wed May 18, 2022 10:40 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Hulksmesh1 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:58 am

As I said, I have bad internet and my game crashes. These are issues out of my control. The fact it happens so often should PROVE this.

You think it's fun for me that this happens? This is a game I literally spend money on.

As of this moment I've played 933 games, and I've APPARENTLY (your words not mine) left half of them. I've left THAT many, and just randomly the same night there was an incident in that Discord server, I get a suspension for being a "serial leaver". I must say that is quite the coincidence.

So I wasn't a serial leaver at around 100, 200, 300 or even 400 times "leaving" given how I was always deemed innocent before that. If we're to believe what you said, and I'm at around 933 games right now, I've captured the title of serial leaver at my 466th game that I "left" (since I'm at 933 games played). What an interesting and crazy stat.

Is there any sort of documentation on this "serial leaver" thing you are referencing? Because people don't get banned for leaving. People get banned for saying "this sucks, I'm out" then leave....But I always crash, or get disconnected during the name selection, or role selection.

So just to recap...

It had nothing to do with what happened in the Discord server
and you're not considered a serial leaver until you reach your 466th game you've left.

Does that about sum it up?

It's just weird how on May 7th, my game crashed and obviously I left the game and I was reported for leaving.....and I was found innocent......even happened again on May 11th, I was reported for leaving again, and it too was found innocent. But later when I had an issue in that Discord server, I'm suddenly guilty for leaving. I guess on May 7th I hadn't reached the magical 466th time my game crashed threshold. I was still innocent at that point.

What do you see more likely?
1 - Me getting banned for leaving because I reached the magical threshold of 466th time leaving which triggered this suspension...
OR
2 - The fact there was an issue in the "unofficial" Town of Salem Discord between me and mods of this game, and it had nothing to do with this suspension at all. It just a big coincidence.
Hulksmesh1
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 am

Just note, you could irk mods as much as you like, unless you are not breaking the game's rules there is nothing that can be done to you. Your given behaviour might have caused an investigation, but you breaking the game's rules is the reason you got punished after all.

Also we usually ban for intentional leaving, but we are also allowed to ban those who became serial leavers. We were given some form of tools in order to check how many games someone has left.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hulksmesh1 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:09 am

You keep saying I left, I wish you would stop phrasing it that way. Because you framing it that way suggests I'm guilty when I'm not.

I don't leave, my game crashes, or my internet dies.

Use your apparent new "tools' to see I play ALL roles, I don't avoid playing any roles. All that happens is that my game crashes or my internet dies on me.

It always happens after selecting my name, or right as my role is being selected. Ever notice how I NEVER Leave during gameplay? That's because I'M NOT A LEAVER.

You suggesting otherwise is reaching at best, and dishonest.

Like I said above in my first reply, you think it's fun for me that I crash or get disconnected? I lose scrolls that I spend ACTUAL money on because of it.
Hulksmesh1
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 22, 2022 9:46 am

Let me clarify this a bit: At the point of the report, you had joined 2033 games. Out of those, you only left after dying in 888 games, meaning you left 1145 games, which is more than half of your total amount of games you joined. Leaving is still a big issue in this game, and while a couple DCs here and there are negligible, leaving over half of your total games becomes problematic. There's 14 other people in a match that count on you being there.

This will stay open for an Admin to review, but in the meantime, if the disconnections are such a big issue, I sincerely advise you to look into some tips on how to get a more stable connection, as well as contacting support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com with your player log the next time you crash, so the Devs can help you figure out what might be causing it.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hulksmesh1 » Sun May 22, 2022 2:36 pm

I'd be more than happy to do that, where do I get my player log? I play on the web version on Chrome.
Hulksmesh1
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun May 22, 2022 2:57 pm

The Playerlog is only available on the steamversion, but for you would your browser console contain the system output.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 10:23 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals