Ban appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban appeal

Postby Sneezey » Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Appealing: Sneezey

Hello! I was banned for harrasment/hate speech. I do not deny any of it and neither do I think it's unfair to be banned, however I do think it's a bit extreme to get ban without getting a suspension first.
I do admit having said words I absolutely shouldn't have :oops: , I let my anger take over instead of /ignoring those people and report them after, however I do believe I should stand up for myself. I could have done that in a more peaceful way, but it has already happend.

I do think I should reflect on my actions, hence why I am asking you now to turn the ban into a suspension.
I will also ask Trialbot what the reports were against me.

Your's truely,

Sneezey
Sneezey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ban appeal

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:59 am

Greetings,

please note that only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed and that certain offenses warrant a direct permanent ban without previous offenses.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:00 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:18 am

Three reports are archived and thr fourth is valid as you did incite suicide, which means none of the four reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sneezey » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:21 pm

I took a better look at the report, I have never told someone they should commit suicide. I only have told them to jump from a bridge, that could imply anything like bungee jumping for example. Just because the opposite party thought I meant suicide doesn't mean I did. I do not deny I was toxic during that game and harrased others, however the first report should be invalid because I have NEVER told someone to off oneself.

The other 3 reports have been archived, I assume it's for a reason. If they really should count towards my ban-penalty then I think they shouldn't be archived anymore to justify this ban. If not then one should assume they have already been forgiven for those offenses.

I am once again asking you to reconsider the ban and to turn it over into a suspension
Sneezey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:48 pm

If you meant bungee jumping you would have said something like that, so this is out of the deal, so trying to nitpick what else could be meant with how you expressed it doesn't work. You should mind (and have minded) your language and are responsible for what you said. Archvied reports still display as they stay to be a strike against your account.

You can read up about archived reports here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sneezey » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:44 pm

If you meant bungee jumping you would have said something like that, so this is out of the deal, so trying to nitpick what else could be meant with how you expressed it doesn't work. You should mind (and have minded) your language and are responsible for what you said.

It seems to me as if you think I meant to the tell opposite party to commit suicide, this has never been the case.

Whether I'm nitpicking or not, given that you point out that it doesn't matter at all what can be meant by what I've said makes me feel like my report is being looked at without any objective point of view but from an emotional point of view. This is unjust and unexplainable.
It could mean that I can report someone else for berating me, to which I respond with a report that says I was feeling threatened.
In such a case, the opposing party would not stand a chance to defend itself, simply because I indicated that I felt threatened. That is very crooked, because at that moment I should not have felt threatened at all and yet the report against that person still goes through and get him/her/it banned. All because I felt "threatened" which I lied about.

Unfortunately I can't find anything about the archived reports. Please provide a date to which I can refer to to learn more about archived reports.

In the update of November 20, 2020 (see https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913), it says that all old reports will be pruned and will start from scratch again. That indicates that archived reports should not count at all, otherwise I would and should have been punished for the previous "offenses" I have committed, which has never happend. So how come my punishment is this severe without getting a proper suspension first?

In the update of June 15, 2015 (see https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913) it is stated that one first receives 3 suspensions before being banned. This has, once again, not happened in my case.
The way I see it, you do admit people deserve a second chance, otherwise they wouldn't be able to appeal in the first place. Of course redemption is not what I claim as a right, redemption is what I ask of you.

Did I tell the opposite party to jump from a bridge? Yes. Should that matter for this report? No, why? Because what I am appealing for is something that I have never said. The report is invalid as the ban is based upon an assumption. With whatever "could" have been my intention should not matter for the sake of an objective appeal.

I ask you once again to look OBJECTIVELY at my ban and reconsider turning the ban into a suspension.
The main point of this report: Did I tell the other party that he/she/it should commit suicide, yes or no?
I indicate "no".

I do wish to apologise to those ones I have offended and I do regret my actions.
I will, can and shall reform myself if given the chance and I will prove it to you too.

If you still think otherwise, you can close this discussion. I do not wish to receive any further reply at that point regarding this discussion.
I hope that in the future you will look at someone else's reports with a more objective point of view.

Kind regards,

Sneezey
Sneezey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Trial-Bot lists only repors with a guilty verdict and each of those listed reports would symbolize a suspensiuon/strike that was issued against your account. Just because you didn't notice a previous suspension, it does not mean there was none.
In regards to the archived reports, you apparently missed that info:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:
Moderator Message: November 19, 2020 Update:
As of November 19, 2020, any user banned before November 1st, 2020 is not eligible for appeal, as we will have lost all reports regarding anything in the previous years by that point. This includes any users who were asked to attempt to re-appeal at a later date, as we will not have the reports any more in order to look into them. More information can be found here;
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913&p=3542650#p3542650
This does not mean that those reports are considered void or would start from scratch again.
The given report is your 4th punishment, thus a ban by default. Since you wanting a suspension instead, it means that you do consider the report valid (as you wanting a suspension from it), which is exactly waht you got with the given length of your strike.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sneezey » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:38 am

First of all,
It seems as if you're just avoiding the entire appeal and are trying to justify the ban.

Trial-Bot lists only repors with a guilty verdict and each of those listed reports would symbolize a suspensiuon/strike that was issued against your accountJust because you didn't notice a previous suspension, it does not mean there was none.

Going by that logic is very twisted. Just because there was a strike against me does not mean I was punished and suspended for stepping over the boundaries.

I refer to https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8913&p=3542650#p3542650 November 19, 2020
by LevinSnakesRise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:58 pm Reports will basically be starting from the ground and we will be working our way back up again.

If this wasn't the case you would have mentioned so in the same post or a follow up post and it invalidates your arguement about past reports NOT being considered void.

The given report is your 4th punishment, thus a ban by default. Since you wanting a suspension instead, it means that you do consider the report valid (as you wanting a suspension from it), which is exactly waht you got with the given length of your strike.

thr fourth is valid as you did incite suicide

You mentioned the 4th report is a ban by default, earlier you mentioned it was because I "incited" suicide. Once again, this invalidates your arguement as you're twisting information right now. The report is invalid as I have stated in my previous comment above.

As far as I know, a ban can only turn into a suspension through an appeal. Bans do not get lifted.
If the report was looked at from an objective point of view there wouldn't be an appeal in the first place.

If you still think otherwise, you can close this discussion. I do not wish to receive any further reply at that point regarding this discussion.

As this also is not the case it means you do think otherwise.
Sneezey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Sneezey » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:55 pm

It has been a week, I still await your response. Closing the discussion at this point of the ban appeal only shows an abuse of power as I still am waiting for a proper, objective answer to my appeal.

yours sincerely,

Sneezey
Sneezey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:43 am

You were overly toxic, as you were in this appeal. You're not welcome in this community.

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals