JCox305 Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

JCox305 Appeal

Postby JCox305 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:53 am

Uh i got banned for 3 days for gamethrowing but when i messaged trial bot to show me how i gamethrew it said the user did not exist so i don't know what to do
Damn bro that was hella sus of you
JCox305
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: JCox305 Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:55 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby JCox305 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:18 am

Ok i see what this is so basically i was playing dusa and i was SOLO i'd like to mention that because i had no teammates to gamethrow against so basically i was playing a care free dusa and was getting some good kills and then I had to leave home for a while for personal reasons and i had announced it and said "Real life is calling and i've got to answer" that was just a joke before i had to go i didn't need to take a phone call i really just needed to leave so the truth of the matter is it wasn't something i could control in the moment i did not expect to have to leave the game but i had too i really wasn't playing a good dusa nor did i have a claim set up so it would've been a matter of time before i got hung also i do not understand how i got banned for gamethrowing when i had no teammates?? I'd also like to mention that gamethrowing is when you throw the game and lose the chance of winning this report is usually used by teammates reporting other teammates for making them lose but i got reported by a townie? Really the only person i threw was myself so i really should've been the only one complaining about my disappearance. Finally i do not think it was fair for banning me for 3 days for something that was out of my hands i couldn't exactly stop my personal problems to keep playing a ToS game i was bound to lose, You've gotta look at it from my point of view i was a SOLO Dusa and i also had A BAD CLAIM and a lot of EVIDENCE against me and when i had to attend my irl business the thought already went through my mind "I have too go and i have no chances of winning let me alert everyone else and go deal with my problems i'm sure a solo dusa leaving wouldn't be a problem" But obviously i was mistaken and somehow offended a townie? I honestly don't think i offended him at all because when i read why he reported me it said "I got guiltied by the trial for revealing my role once so if you don't guilty this it's a broken system." i'm not sure what he did in that game he is talking about but it really seems like he is upset about his issues and didn't really read what i had announced to everyone else in the game properly because i repeat i did not take a phone call so ToS mods could you please get rid of this suspension on my account for 3 days because i play this game often.

The one and only, JCox305 aka (Golden)
JCox305
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby JCox305 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:35 am

I'd also like to add that only two people out of 15 cared that i had to go as you can read here people were fine with me having to dc
Golden: Guys ive gotta go in like 5 min
Golden: Im solo dusa
John Hathorne: aight we can hang you 10
Trollge: understandable 10
Trollge: fair enough
John Hathorne: if its solo its not throwing
A message to the guy who was one of the only ones complaining
Furry Killer: jesty stop being a killjoy.

So after reading these chats you can see no one was bothered except two people and out of the 15 people in one game 13 people did not mind me leaving so we really shouldn't listen to 2 people over 13 people
JCox305
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:00 am

Greetings,

being solo or not does not matter in the terms of gamethrowing. Outting yourself is still gamethrowing there.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JCox305 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Hold on hold on hold on who's win am I affecting except my own? That's like me punching myself and you charging me for assault against myself how does that make sense?
--
Also you're telling me I should've ignored my real life issues to finish a game of town salem?
JCox305
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:35 am

The definition of gamethrowing is to hurt ones own chances of winning. You should try your best and don't give up. A throw like that could have an impact on the game as well, since it pushes in a different pace. This would be like a car accident. Although it impacts you likely the most, this still has influence on others.
Besides there are weird laws, one would include a death sentence for a failed suicide attempt.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JCox305 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:48 am

Ok but that still didn't answer my other question what was I suppose to do? I really couldn't stay like what if my (this is an example) my brother calls "Oi bro I just got shot please come help me" you want me to say "Sorry bro I'm playing town of salen and cant leave so just spit on it you'll be alright" like you cant expect me to prioritize a video game over my actual life?
JCox305
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:34 am

You should usually play the game, when you know that you can finish the game.
You are giving quite a harsh example and I do not want to give you any way how you should react on this. Usually its best to call the ambulance there, though.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JCox305 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:26 pm

But how was I suppose to know that my brother was going to get shot mid game? Like this isnt something you can really control
--
Also even if you called an ambulance you still shouldn't prioritize a video game over your brother
Last edited by Jerme on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged doublepost, please use the edit button instead.
JCox305
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:27 pm

I agree, such events are hardly foreseeable. There might be a few exceptions, which could hint a higher percentage of something similar happening.
I do not want to set your priorities, thats purely your own choice, but your action still broke the game's rules, thus it was handled accordingly. Generally by the givne appeal-rules may only invalid reports be appealed and sadly yours is not invalid.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:58 pm

You would have, in the long run, been better off Leaving without saying a word.

Because you outted yourself, and stayed longer than your immediate hanging animation ending to chat to dead chat, it clearly wasn't important enough as you make it out to be.

Appeal denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals