VIP/lovers change?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

VIP/lovers change?

Postby divachimika » Tue May 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Hello! Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll try!

It says VIP changes to Lovers at 1 am CST on Tuesdays. Why hasn't it changed yet???
It is now Tuesday, and 2:25 PM CDT/1:25 PM CST.

https://prnt.sc/nlp05g

Maybe I'm just confused, but it seems to me like it should be lovers mode now..
divachimika
Jester
Jester

Re: VIP/lovers change?

Postby Jerme » Tue May 07, 2019 1:57 pm

The change is done manually, afaik, thus there might be some delays.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby divachimika » Tue May 07, 2019 2:55 pm

I see! Thank you for replying!

This is quite a delay, though... It's still VIP!!! Is BMG asleep? :P

EDIT: it's 10 PM CST, and still VIP mode. Will we get another day of Lovers mode now that most of the day is gone?
divachimika
Jester
Jester

Postby divachimika » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:27 am

And it's happening again... One day overtime. This is really annoying when you wait a week for lovers :(
divachimika
Jester
Jester

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:58 am

divachimika wrote:And it's happening again... One day overtime. This is really annoying when you wait a week for lovers :(

But its awesome when you love playing VIP :D
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby divachimika » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:07 pm

I need my randomly assigned (more-often-than-not-dumbass) lovers!!!!!!!! Why must BMG deny me my paid-for love life!!?!?! :evil:
divachimika
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:54 pm

The fact that it's changed manually is a problem... They should be able to automate the rotation so that this situation is avoided.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby KingKayla » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 pm

It's Thursday and still no lovers mode. I was looking forward to it and now this happened. I just hope that when it finally comes we get an extended amount of time to play.
KingKayla
Witch
Witch

Postby divachimika » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Last time this happened they changed it back to VIP on Tuesday as usual, so we didn't get more time... But this time it's been way longer before they switch, so we really should get more lovers?! When they even charge extra for the coven expansion, this is unacceptable LOL :roll: It's 2019, make it automatic!!!!
divachimika
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 pm

I've given the devs a heads up, I apologoize for not havign done it earlier. It might be taken care of in some time.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:58 am

just leave it and change it next week....

altho I wouldnt be sad if they made it lovers for 3 days then back to vip :D

Playing VIP with the lovers crew has been quite interesting, frustrating and humurous tho hehe
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 am

Oh, does it not auto-change?
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Flavorable » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:26 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:Oh, does it not auto-change?

No, it has to be done manually. Shape got informed Wednesday, he said he'd tell Josh, but I gather it still hasn't changed yet.

So at least from the Mod/Admin team: Apologies, we'd change it for you guys if we could, but sadly we can't.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 am

Well it should autochange as long as the database entries are present, which I believe have run out again.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 am

I feel like this would be really helpful to Administrators as a command in-game, if they insist on keeping it as a manual change, and even if they were to automate it, in-case it gets stuck.

Probably could get Blake to do something if we discuss it. Doubtful, but possible.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Devisgal » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:39 am

Someone said they are going to remove vip as well and replace it with something new..
Devisgal
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 am

Devisgal wrote:Someone said they are going to remove vip as well and replace it with something new..

I haven't heard anything about this and I doubt they would, since VIP is a popular gamemode.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:56 pm

It was Vigilantics that was talked about getting replaced (and had been replaced). Rivals was taken out due to a low popularity. Maybe there will be a third mode eventually, but there is none planned at the moment.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby divachimika » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm

So we got two weeks of VIP because no one bothered to change it to lovers, and then they change it back to VIP after just ONE WEEK of lovers??? Do they want people to stop playing their game, or what is their deal? :?
divachimika
Jester
Jester

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:24 pm

divachimika wrote:So we got two weeks of VIP because no one bothered to change it to lovers, and then they change it back to VIP after just ONE WEEK of lovers??? Do they want people to stop playing their game, or what is their deal? :?

They put it back to original schedule. It broke because the schedule for the script ended after running for a year (I believe) so now it's back on schedule.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Amythyr » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:07 am

divachimika wrote:So we got two weeks of VIP because no one bothered to change it to lovers, and then they change it back to VIP after just ONE WEEK of lovers??? Do they want people to stop playing their game, or what is their deal? :?

Tbh people tend to like vip over lovers. So no one is going to stop playing over it. And believe me, they improved switching a lot. It was probably issue with task not running last week.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin
Amythyr
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Jerme » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Amythyr is correct. They currently fill a database-table with the changes and the refilling took longer than there were entries for changes. I believe it was previously that each time the change had to be done manually completely.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions