Can a Jester Gamethrow?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Can a Jester Gamethrow?

Postby chewieRolo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:02 pm

The Gamethrowing rule states:

Intentionally losing the game or hurting your teams chances of winning (even if that team is just you) is gamethrowing.

My question is about how a jester votes, because situations like this come up a lot. A sample scenario is there is only a Confirmed SK, a Confirmed Vet, and a jester still alive. The SK openly tries to convince the vet to lynch the Jester (so he himself does not get lynched) and the SK casts a vote to put the jester on trial, but the Vet votes the SK. My question is, is it gamethrowing if the Jester votes to lynch the SK here. He is guaranteed to lose if he does this (which seems like a direct violation of the gamethrowing rule as it's worded), while if he doesn't there is a chance the vet will reconsider and lynch him.
chewieRolo

Re: Can a Jester Gamethrow?

Postby Gabrio » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:07 pm

This would be considered gamethrowing but most users don't report that so it can't get punished.
Hey, a signature really? you expect me to have one? no seriously just scroll down to the other replies or go to another post, no signature here, no need to continue reading, nothing here, no seriously, why are you still reading? i'm telling you, no signature, stop reading! STOP, ok, you really want one? really really? here goes nothing: NO! ok you can stop reading, i already told you there isn't anything here, don't continue, oh the character lim
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby itaicool » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm

There is really nothing the jester can do if both people won't change their vote. SK will kill jester and the game will end so I don't think you will get guilty if you do it as jester.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:50 am

Technically it is a gamethrow, but you are losing either way, so it isnt really hurting your chances of winning, technically the vet and SK voting you is also a gamethrow, So they cant do it. Basically an outed jester in 3 way situation has already lost, unless the other 2 factions gamethrow, and voting in that situation as jester is gamethrowing, but ofc you are going to side with whoever tried to lynch you, so is voting jester and asking the other faction to vote jester too really a gamethrow when you are trying to get the jesters vote against the other faction?? Is inciting jester to gamethrow reportable??? Big grey area here guys, when you are arguably acting in your factions favour... reportable? yes Will it be guiltied?? benefit of the doubt would say no.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Ask Questions