Is this game throwing?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is this game throwing?

Postby chewieRolo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Here's a sample situation. 6 players left, 3 mafia 3 town. The town are Medium, Lookout, and Sheriff. The game is already over for town, as they can't kill or block mafia at all, and mafia will not vote their own.

My question is, would it be considered game throwing if a town member realized they are doomed and intentionally lynched a known town to end the game quicker?

I guess another way to ask is, if a loss is imminent, is it game throwing to take steps you otherwise would not, to speed along the process.
chewieRolo

Re: Is this game throwing?

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:17 am

If a loss cannot be prevented (in a 100% chance), then an action in this regard is not gamethrowing. If in that regard the killing Mafia were afk, then I beleive it would be gamethrowing to vote wih Mafia, since there is a chance of a draw.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions