Can you ban people for bad username?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Can you ban people for bad username?

Postby N3rdyCat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Fine Black Gentleman got in an arguement about it after someone told them they were offended by the Fine Black Gentleman part.
N3rdyCat

Re: Can you ban people for bad username?

Postby Gabrio » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:13 pm

You can't ban them directly for an in game username, if a report is generated, he will prob be suspended, idk about usernames for accounts
Hey, a signature really? you expect me to have one? no seriously just scroll down to the other replies or go to another post, no signature here, no need to continue reading, nothing here, no seriously, why are you still reading? i'm telling you, no signature, stop reading! STOP, ok, you really want one? really really? here goes nothing: NO! ok you can stop reading, i already told you there isn't anything here, don't continue, oh the character lim
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Jerme » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:33 am

Accountname or chosen name ingame?
One can be banned or suspended for the latter, but atm not for the former, instead those accounts get flagged for renaming, making the players change their accountname.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:03 pm

But "Fine Black Gentleman" is a name generated by BMG itself.
Therefore, I do not think it is bannable.

People have been known to get banned for usernames in the past, so I believe BMG's stance on this question is in the affirmative.
Nicolas Cage was the greatest thing about the movie Kick-Ass, and everyone here knows it.
"It's not that....okay maybe it is that."
A tundra has less liquid water than a grove.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:19 am

@ProjectSuperBoy: The "Fine Black Gentleman" what you see is done by the wordfilter of the forum, as it replaces a racial slur.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:31 am

Oh, so this racial slur was able to evade the filter as a username?

Still, the point remains that if you are that against it just offer the user the chance to change it.
Nicolas Cage was the greatest thing about the movie Kick-Ass, and everyone here knows it.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Racist/offensive accountnames are flagged for renaming. When those accounts keep on choosing offensive accountnames, they might end up getting banned.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm

That seems pretty arbitrary.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy

Return to Ask Questions