Should I make a forum report about this?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Should I make a forum report about this?

Postby SpiralSpy » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:43 pm

Note: This hypothetical report is about an action in-game, BUT their actions wouldn't get seen by the trial system due to being system messages.

I got jailed N2, and rather than saying anything, the Jailor just started spamming the execute button so my chat log was flooded with "The Jailor has decided to execute you." "The Jailor has changed their mind." until finally they settled on executing me with 1 second left in the night.

I was an open Pirate claim in CAA so executing me, while not the smartest move, was still a valid one. What I'm mad about is the fact that by the time the game ended half of my chat log was still just the spam of those two messages. It seems like spamming to me, but I've seen and used the trial system before, so I know messages like that don't actually show up in the reports, so I can't actually report this player using the in-game system without it seeming like a false report.

I do have several screenshots I took of it just in case, though, including the ending lobby showing both myself and their username. Should I make a forum post to report this behavior?
SpiralSpy

Re: Should I make a forum report about this?

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:03 am

No. Forum reports are not for anything other than what's in the guidelines.

Sadly, without the devs implementing these system messages, we cannot do much about it, unless it gets reported multiple times by several different people.

I'm sad to say that the use of screenshots as proof has been ruined by bad apples who falsify screenshots to try to get people banned.

What you can do, is send me the username and link to the screenshots in a PM and I'll put them in my files so I can keep an eye out to see if this happens often from this person.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Should I make a forum report about this?

Postby SpiralSpy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:12 am

Flavorable wrote:What you can do, is send me the username and link to the screenshots in a PM and I'll put them in my files so I can keep an eye out to see if this happens often from this person.

Done. Sad that it's all I can do, but at least it's better than nothing.
SpiralSpy

Return to Ask Questions