How does the IP Restriction system trigger?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

How does the IP Restriction system trigger?

Postby elcanadiano » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:55 pm

I wanted to acknowledge this post about IP restricting non-Premium players.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=116114

But more specifically, what is the actual mechanism that triggers this? I played three games tonight. The first and third games had someone who, as a mafia member (in Ranked Practice, non-Coven) revealed all mafia members day 1 (the second game I had no issue). Moreover, in the first game, the person who deliberately revealed mafia members even said, "lololol this is my 269th account."

I understand the normal protocol is to report these users through the game, and we do - in both my games tonight, there was a good chunk of people who basically said, "Report XX." That said, what happens when some of these players are deliberately and openly flaunting that once they get banned, they just create a new account and continue to gamethrow, or say racist stuff, or what have you?

Hence, even if the IP Restriction system is not perfect, how specifically does it trigger?

Moreover, if there's anything I can do to provide more evidence against the games I played tonight, please let me know. I do have screenshots of both users who I am talking about.
elcanadiano
Survivor
Survivor

Re: How does the IP Restriction system trigger?

Postby Jerme » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:49 pm

The restriction happens when an account gets banned or suspended and would only affect non premium users.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions