Will I get banned for this?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Will I get banned for this?

Postby ProjectSYD » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:53 am

Link to report:
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3468021

More context:

Mafioso was mad that I attacked (1) night one instead of what I thought was vet so they tried to bus me. I should mentioned I didn't notice that mafioso had claimed to be investigator until after I died and reviewed chat. Someone in dead chat had mentioned an investigator found me at which point I realized they had me down with investigator results.

Anyways, I posted my will & made my claim as I always do when I'm voted up and then subsequently was voted out. Before my role was revealed I exclaimed "report 3 for not confirming me" and once my role was revealed it was supposed to be obvious why they didn't confirm me. Even the consigliere said the reason they didn't confirm was because my results were fake (paraphrasing here). My intention was not to reveal the consigliere; I simply had a claim prepared and was voted up so I posted my will. I wasn't even planning on sharing my will unless I was voted up/jailed so I wasn't actively looking to reveal them.

The shout out to report was just me playing along like I was town until the very last second. It wasn't supposed to be interpreted as "my mafia teammate didn't confirm me report them."

Addition details:

I know for a fact including my teammates in my will will not get me banned. I purposely picked investigator as my claim so that I could include names without actually revealing any specific roles. I was recently banned for revealing a teammate who had bussed me as I believed they broke the rules and wanted to get a report sent to trial. When I disputed my ban the rules were then clarified to me and so I've been doing my best to follow them.

I should mention I was banned for bussing a teammate like this many years ago and was told that I wasn't allowed to do this. So I was under the impression they had broke the rules, so I asked everyone to, "Report (player name) for bussing me." I disagree with how the rules are set-up but I'm more than happy to play within the established rules. I just think it isn't fair to ban me for a week when I'm actively trying to play within the rules. I simply had a misunderstand from previous experiences within the game. If the suspension system is in place to educate players I think it's doing a pretty terrible job as it is; especially considering the sheer number of reports that get voted inno on trial system. You would think by now players would understand the rules and not report people for clear non-violations.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Will I get banned for this?

Postby Superalex11 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:49 pm

no
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Will I get banned for this?

Postby ProjectSYD » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:37 pm