Can I "Spam" in dead chat?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Can I "Spam" in dead chat?

Postby itaicool » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:21 am

If I'm dead can I spam dead chat? Not for malicous purposes for that matter I have a tactic where I will spam alot of random bullshit the first time I die so if a medium sees it and is jailed they can quickly copy paste it all to confirm themselves to jailor, I'm not sure if it's breaking any rules but this tactic have saved the life of a couple jailed mediums already.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Can I "Spam" in dead chat?

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:30 am

I mean, can't you just talk normally? You can assume the medium is jailed and tell them your reads and night results, without spamming the chat.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby itaicool » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:16 am

Joacgroso wrote:I mean, can't you just talk normally? You can assume the medium is jailed and tell them your reads and night results, without spamming the chat.

It seem more believeable if they can copy paste alot of different messages because it's harder to fake alot of messages than fake 1 single message like logs.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:30 am

In any case, if you say different things that are related to the game, you will be fine. Even if you say things that are unrelated to the game, I doubt you will be punished if you only do it in one night.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:24 am

The rules for spamming are the same, whether you're alive or dead.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:11 pm

itaicool wrote:If I'm dead can I spam dead chat? Not for malicous purposes for that matter I have a tactic where I will spam alot of random bullshit the first time I die so if a medium sees it and is jailed they can quickly copy paste it all to confirm themselves to jailor, I'm not sure if it's breaking any rules but this tactic have saved the life of a couple jailed mediums already.

Even spamming in n1 medium chat is guilty lol. Or at least, so a moderator claims.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:11 am

OreCreeper wrote:
itaicool wrote:If I'm dead can I spam dead chat? Not for malicous purposes for that matter I have a tactic where I will spam alot of random bullshit the first time I die so if a medium sees it and is jailed they can quickly copy paste it all to confirm themselves to jailor, I'm not sure if it's breaking any rules but this tactic have saved the life of a couple jailed mediums already.

Even spamming in n1 medium chat is guilty lol. Or at least, so a moderator claims.

he said the first time he dies, not if he dies n1, and yea spamming dead chat should be a report

https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3450491

hope these guys got duped ^^
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:21 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

he said the first time he dies, not if he dies n1, and yea spamming dead chat should be a report

https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3450491

hope these guys got duped ^^

My point was that if even spamming on n1 as medium (where no one can read what you say) will get you suspended, spamming in dead chat will definitely get you suspended lol. Then again, the rules and their enforcers are inconsistent af, so maybe im wrong after all.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:33 am

OreCreeper wrote:

In theory yes, but one will never be suspended for that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:46 am

Jerme wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

In theory yes, but one will never be suspended for that.

Unless it fits your agenda ;)
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:51 am

If you want to make that claim, Ore, then please back it up with proof, as otherwise it's simply a baseless assumption without any merit.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:57 am

Jerme wrote:If you want to make that claim, Ore, then please back it up with proof, as otherwise it's simply a baseless assumption without any merit.

Are you sure that its just a baseless assumption?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:03 am

OreCreeper wrote:
Jerme wrote:If you want to make that claim, Ore, then please back it up with proof, as otherwise it's simply a baseless assumption without any merit.

It really looks like one if you don't post evidence. Not everyone knows everything that happened.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:11 am

Joacgroso wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

It really looks like one if you don't post evidence. Not everyone knows everything that happened.

Nah I'm not posting it here because I'll probably get a board warning for it. I did send something as a DM tho :)
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:50 am

The PM I received didn't cover this topic (as in accounts suspended for spamming n1 in med chat).
I do believe that OreCreeper decided to PM me with that is because they might be otherwise warned for derailing the thread. The PM was worded in an acceptable tone (and thsu does not break rule 8), yet it was a bit unwarranted. The content has some false points and unrequired accusations, but some of the given questions were warranted.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions