How do I block the annoying ads?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

How do I block the annoying ads?

Postby svodnik » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:05 pm

I paid full price for this game and yet when I logged in I'm force to see a giant ad for skins that I have to close down. Also the main menu has an ad for something web game. These kind of practices are okay in free 2 play games, but completely UNACCEPTABLE for a full priced game. How do I disable them?
svodnik

Re: How do I block the annoying ads?

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:37 am

Do you mean ads or offers for ToS, or ads for somethign else than ToS?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:13 am

svodnik wrote:I paid full price for this game and yet when I logged in I'm force to see a giant ad for skins that I have to close down. Also the main menu has an ad for something web game. These kind of practices are okay in free 2 play games, but completely UNACCEPTABLE for a full priced game. How do I disable them?

they arent ads, theyre daily deals that offer bundles of items for cheaper than the shop prices. The main menu has always had promotions for things too, i dont think they can be disabled..
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Superalex11 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:05 am

It surprises me it's taken so long before seeing someone else bring up this problem, but yeah this is incredibly annoying. Example: https://i.gyazo.com/c892b080a1fb3b5aac7 ... 8c2217.jpg

I can understand offering and showing deals to persuade players into spending more money, but there is no good justification for full-screen popups which will get closed probably upwards of 90% of the time on an already paid game.
And yes, they are advertisements. Being first-party rather than third-party doesn't make them not ads.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:29 pm

That actually makes sense.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby itaicool » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:21 am

Superalex11 wrote:It surprises me it's taken so long before seeing someone else bring up this problem, but yeah this is incredibly annoying. Example: https://i.gyazo.com/c892b080a1fb3b5aac7 ... 8c2217.jpg

I can understand offering and showing deals to persuade players into spending more money, but there is no good justification for full-screen popups which will get closed probably upwards of 90% of the time on an already paid game.
And yes, they are advertisements. Being first-party rather than third-party doesn't make them not ads.

I made a post about it not long ago viewtopic.php?f=39&t=115982

they are not going to make an option to turn them off even though many players are not interested in them and I find it absurd because it's a paid game but ya what can you do
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Ask Questions