About necrobumping

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

About necrobumping

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi, I'm a bit confused about the rules regarding necrobumping.
I checked the forum rules, and the only reference they make to the topic is:
Rule 7 wrote:[An example of spamming is...] Posting to bump a topic older than a month that you're not the original poster (OP) of, in addition to any of the spam examples (posting multiple times, spamming smilies, etc). If the bump creates new replies to the old thread or the bump was needed in order to reconstitute a past issue, then it is permitted to do so. If you wish to bump a thread older than 1 month, contact a Global Moderator for approval. Failure to do so will violate the rule and result in punishment.

It says "posting to bump a topic...". Doesn't that mean that posting in "dead" threads is fine as long as you are not just posting "bump"? For example, in this thread, someone posted after months and it was deemed a necrobump despite that person trying to answer the question (not just bumping the topic). But according to the rules that doesn't count as spamming, right?

I know there is also a FAQ post about necrombumping, but it quotes a "rule 22" that doesn't even exist. Is it still valid? If it isn't, then posting in dead threads should be allowed as long as the reply has content, I think.
Even then, the post defines necrobumping as "bringing back a thread that has not been posted on in a long period of time to bring it up to the first few pages of a board", which is consistent with the actual rules and with what I just said. Posting in a dead thread isn't necrobumping as long as you post something deeper than "bump".
Then the post quotes rule 22, which defines necrobumping as "posting on a thread that has been inactive for a period of time (usually a month and older)", which would mean that posting in dead threads IS necrobumping regardless of your post, which is a bit contradictory. I don't even know if that's valid, since rule 22 doesn't exist.

In any case, I'm confused about the rule. If necrobumping is not allowed, shouldn't it be specified in the rules?

Also, the rules said you have to ask for permission in order to "bump" a topic. Someone linked this thread in another topic. I wanted to post a reply there about tactical mafia kills, but noticed the thread is on page 6 and hasn't been used in months (the last post was an attempt at a bump by the OP). Can I post there?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: About necrobumping

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:25 pm

Imo the person you need permission from should be the original poster
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Jerme » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm

The necrobump rule means that you should not respond to a non sticked thread of which the reply is older than a month, unless you are the OP or have their permission.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Toumitu » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:17 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Jerme. I was going to ask about that myself.
Toumitu

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:22 pm

Jerme wrote:The necrobump rule means that you should not respond to a non sticked thread of which the reply is older than a month, unless you are the OP or have their permission.

The FAQ post says that threads with 5 or more pages can be bumped without the OP's permission. Is that still a rule?
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:16 pm

Not that I know of, alex.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun May 02, 2021 2:04 am

I will be going back over FAQs in the near future and updating some and removing some as I go over them all. I will discuss necrobumping with the team and discuss where they stand on it.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 02, 2021 10:47 am

Oh, that's good to know :)
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Ask Questions