Blaming another for something they didnt do?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Blaming another for something they didnt do?

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 am

Just say in a post in reddit saying that someone says that when they make a mistake as jailor, they say that the jailee was afk or smth when they werent, to avoid town getting angry as them

Why is this not against the rules?, others shouldnt get flamed for your mistake (you shouldnt get flamed for a mistake in first place but thats not the point)
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Blaming another for something they didnt do?

Postby TwitchCattz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:43 am

It depends on the severity of it to be determined if it';s against the rules. Like if Jailor says the Jailee was AFK, there's no way to actually prove that without the logs. Now, if they incite false reports based on these lies, that's against the rules an the Trial System can handle that.
Always called Vinyl Scratch these days.

I enjoy playing Town of Salem, but will never risk a ban to do what others think is right that I know is wrong.
TwitchCattz
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:21 pm

TwitchCattz wrote:It depends on the severity of it to be determined if it';s against the rules. Like if Jailor says the Jailee was AFK, there's no way to actually prove that without the logs. Now, if they incite false reports based on these lies, that's against the rules an the Trial System can handle that.

^ This. The nice folks in the Trial System will probably handle it.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:35 am

so make lying reportable?

Man, i have so many reports cos I lied about my role, it isnt funny (altho i do find it hilarious) ''report goose for lying'' makes me laugh everytime.

But I mean...stopping town from being salty noobs towards live players, isnt a bad idea, as it makes them listen to reason when needed instead of ignoring you cos you exed the 3rd (and silent) sheriff claim night 2/3

I mean, they should just add ''I got butthurt'' as a reason when filing reports, cos thats what a lot of reports are.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TwitchCattz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:53 am

Reports are handled in the Trial System, but Jurors only vote. If enough guilties, Judges make the final judgement.
Always called Vinyl Scratch these days.

I enjoy playing Town of Salem, but will never risk a ban to do what others think is right that I know is wrong.
TwitchCattz
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:16 pm

Lying is allowed, unless its used to get someone reported (example: "report 12, they claimed Mafia to me in jail", or "report 12, they outted their Mafia members to me").
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions