Is Posting 12 lines of unrelevant text considered spamming?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Is Posting 12 lines of unrelevant text considered spamming?

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:17 am

Using this (https://imgur.com/a/0rmqBbj) image, and just to make sure, but writing something that takes 4 lines of text and purposely posting it in quick succession is considered spamming, right? If it's not, it really should be. By posting this, they made it so no one had time to read what was said beforehand (without scrolling back), since that one thing quickly covered it up.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Is Posting 12 lines of unrelevant text considered spammi

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:29 pm

spam = same thing posted 5 times in a single phase, or 15 times in the entire game iirc

so technically not against the rules for spam, if they were town they just gave their team a disadvantage tho, as the rest of the town just lost a bunch of time having to scroll etc... so possibly a technical gamethrow if they were town.

If they were evil, possible valid tactic to distract the chat.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:43 am

That should really be reportable as spam. Because that's exactly what it is. The fact it took up 12 lines of text should be testimant to that.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:33 am

SpiritWolfLord wrote:That should really be reportable as spam. Because that's exactly what it is. The fact it took up 12 lines of text should be testimant to that.

Yea, but the rules dont state spam in terms of how many lines it takes up, so while it may be spam, according to the rules, they only posted katy perry lyrics 4 times in the phase, not 5, so technically not spam.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 am

Song lyrics/copy pasta of that length would count as spam when done 5 times in one phase, imo.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby cob709 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:42 am

According to the Juror Guide, it will only be considered spam if it is 5 messages.

However, this is an arbitrary number.

As such, I argue that spamming should be redefined as "Disruptive text in large quantities unrelated to the game" Although it is more vague and less concise, it prevents players from exploiting this 4-message loophole.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:01 pm

I agree. A rule that is easily exploited is barely a rule at all.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:48 pm

SpiritWolfLord wrote:I agree. A rule that is easily exploited is barely a rule at all.

Gamethrowing rule be like:
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:57 am

SpiritWolfLord wrote:I agree. A rule that is easily exploited is barely a rule at all.

it can be exploited both ways tho.....

*gets reported for posting will 5 times in 1 phase

* gets reported for saying ''12 is sus guys!'' then ''im sheriff, i found 12 sus'' then ''get 12, im sheriff, theyre sus'' then ''inno this, 12 is confirmed sus'' then after last words ''12 is sus!''

hell, Ive even been reported for posting ''I am Blackmailed.'' while on the stand during my trial (before they changed it - remember you could post it really fast to prove you were really BMed???)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:32 pm

But then it's up to the judges to inno or guilty them. If it's obvious it was done to take up space, then they would be guiltied.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:49 am

SpiritWolfLord wrote:But then it's up to the judges to inno or guilty them. If it's obvious it was done to take up space, then they would be guiltied.

then they appeal the suspension because they didnt post 5 times in a single phase.... as is stated in the rules.

So the question is, did the player post song lyrics to ''take up space''? Or did they do it because because theyre a noob fanboi who thinks its cool to like Katy Swift songs?

I mean... youre going into even more dangerous territory if youre going to make a rule on how many lines a player can use in a single phase..... or they make the spam detector mute you after using 12 lines in a single phase.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:06 am

If it's made a rule, it can't be appealed for not being one. And it's not that dangerous. If they purposely take up so much space talking about things outside of the game or posting lyrics in a way that it clogs the chat, then it should be reportable. I'd rather someone post hi give times throughout a phase than for someone to post 12 lines of a song in the middle of a discussion any day.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Ask Questions