Toxic Community, please take reports carefully

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Toxic Community, please take reports carefully

Postby TakDes » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:03 am

Almost every game I'm at, 7/10 ppl always threatens to report, if you unintentionally throw the game, or if you ended up executing wrong target on Jail

I don't even bother to play Ranked as I dont want to imagine how bad it will be. But still on non-ranked why are still ppl like this?

EG As Jailor 2nd time on Coven, I executed wrong target on D3, get claimed i am throwing and whole town flaming me and report. Im still new to the game but ye I always get flamed for playing bad

and most of the time when i get up, i always get lynched

And on chat ppl still use swear words like Garbage, trash, and these words still not filtered out, can those be reported?
TakDes

Re: Toxic Community, please take reports carefully

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm

TakDes wrote:Almost every game I'm at, 7/10 ppl always threatens to report, if you unintentionally throw the game, or if you ended up executing wrong target on Jail

I don't even bother to play Ranked as I dont want to imagine how bad it will be. But still on non-ranked why are still ppl like this?

People just tend to get salty. You most likely won't actually get banned over this, and if you do, you can make an appeal.

TakDes wrote:And on chat ppl still use swear words like Garbage, trash, and these words still not filtered out, can those be reported?

If it's a word that's not filtered, then it's not reportable.

If they're trying to dodge the filter (such as spelling [fine black gentleman] with an x instead of an i), it's reportable. I don't remember if it's HS/H or Spam, but it's probably the former.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby YumiAkiyama » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:If they're trying to dodge the filter (such as spelling [fine black gentleman] with an x instead of an i), it's reportable. I don't remember if it's HS/H or Spam, but it's probably the former.

That falls under HS/H.
YumiAkiyama
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:12 am

TakDes wrote:Almost every game I'm at, 7/10 ppl always threatens to report, if you unintentionally throw the game, or if you ended up executing wrong target on Jail

EG As Jailor 2nd time on Coven, I executed wrong target on D3, get claimed i am throwing and whole town flaming me and report. Im still new to the game but ye I always get flamed for playing bad

And on chat ppl still use swear words like Garbage, trash, and these words still not filtered out, can those be reported?

Yea, theres a lot of report threateners of late. Most of them are noobs themselves and are literally spamming the gamethrow category of the trial system with false reports because someone made a wrong play.

I can understand players frustration as its a team game, and if inexperienced players get the strongest role for their team, then their team is at a major disadvantage. But the thing is, if the salty noobs actually were any good at the game, theyd be able to make do without their teams strongest role performing at their optimum. Having said that, if your team is telling you to do something (especially if you are coven, and they are trying to make a team play while killing possibilities line up) then ofc you will get flamed if you dont do it.

The thing with getting lynched when voted up, is just unlucky on your part. Sometimes town can afford a mislynch, if its going to confirm an evil that is claiming your slot on the role list, and the thing with Town, is that you can win while dead. This happens a lot in VIP, where confirming a slot holds more power than ''we'll just give the coven an extra night, while we decide''. If you dont claim and post wills early, town is likely to kill you, so hiding your role so that coven dont kill you is kind of moot.

Also there is an ''ignore'' button next to everyones name, or you can type /ignore (insert player name or number) to mute anyone.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:56 am

Generally my only advice is, if you aren't good at the game, do not try to scumread any evils as town. If a lot of townies told you to execute someone and they turn out to be town, they can't really blame you, but if you try to execute based off your own discretion and you get it wrong, they can. So just don't execute solely based off your own discretion as jailor until you gain some experience. For the time being, you should listen to what other people are telling you to do (but never listen to anyone who only tells you to do something only in whispers unless they're confirmed).

When you get up, you should just claim and post a will. If you are a TI role, you should post everyday. Don't worry about coven killing you because it helps town get more information, and besides, you probably aren't that skilled yet anyway so giving town your role and info is the best way you can help your team.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 am

OreCreeper wrote:
When you get up, you should just claim and post a will. If you are a TI role, you should post everyday. Don't worry about coven killing you because it helps town get more information, and besides, you probably aren't that skilled yet anyway so giving town your role and info is the best way you can help your team.

This.... was in a game where psychic (unique to the role list) let medusa claim their role day 2, didnt counter claim them, didnt post their vision, then was baffled when town decided to lynch them day 3 after they claimed, and said ''I was gathering evidence'' as the reason they said nothing for 2 days while town mislynched twice due to Medusa's ''vision''.

Remember, you cant vote off 3-4 coven solo, the later you give info, the less chance you have numbers to lynch and the less likely you are to be believed.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:04 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

This.... was in a game where psychic (unique to the role list) let medusa claim their role day 2, didnt counter claim them, didnt post their vision, then was baffled when town decided to lynch them day 3 after they claimed, and said ''I was gathering evidence'' as the reason they said nothing for 2 days while town mislynched twice due to Medusa's ''vision''.

Remember, you cant vote off 3-4 coven solo, the later you give info, the less chance you have numbers to lynch and the less likely you are to be believed.

In one of my games yesterday, a sheriff found a member of the mafia N1, and never pushed him or posted a will. Then, that mafia member lived to be the last one alive, and the sheriff still didn't post. Only until he was jailed did he say that he found the mafia member suspicious N1, and the reason he didn't reveal? "Dude, if I revealed mafia would kill me!"

This was in ranked btw.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Midio7 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 pm

You should play Classic for a while, that Is considered the ,,Newbie Gamemode".
Just a guy who plays Town Of Salem daily
Midio7
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Emily372 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:28 pm

One time, those guys on a Coven Custom Gamemode, who has slightly different rules than regular TOS (hence why I claimed SK for three of those games, the other reason being the abundance of NK roles compared to Town roles) so some people reported me for HS/H when I betrayed them. The jurors deemed the report innocent, as they believed I never harassed anyone. (Betrayal is NOT the same as harassment, you know).
Report: https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3357243 (Deemed innocent by the jury)
Post Script:
The universe will always become more chaotic.
So will Town of Salem Games.
The Jury, Judges, and Moderators are the only ones to be trusted.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Emily372 wrote:One time, those guys on a Coven Custom Gamemode, who has slightly different rules than regular TOS (hence why I claimed SK for three of those games, the other reason being the abundance of NK roles compared to Town roles) so some people reported me for HS/H when I betrayed them. The jurors deemed the report innocent, as they believed I never harassed anyone. (Betrayal is NOT the same as harassment, you know).
Report: https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3357243 (Deemed innocent by the jury)
Post Script:
The universe will always become more chaotic.
So will Town of Salem Games.
The Jury, Judges, and Moderators are the only ones to be trusted.

Stop necroposting!
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Ask Questions