Um...Moderators? Hello?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Um...Moderators? Hello?

Postby davisgabriel820 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 pm

So I'm playing a ranked game, and it's come down to 2 mafia versus 4 town, and we have a solid chance of winning this thing. Then, out of nowhere, my mafioso, Tigger, gets banned by a moderator midgame costing us the game and making us lose points. How the hell does that make any reasonable sense?
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Um...Moderators? Hello?

Postby Yosh1123 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:43 pm

they were banned from a previous game's report
Yosh1123
Civilian
Civilian

Postby dolphina » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 pm

Yosh1123 wrote:they were banned from a previous game's report

Or just. A report in general
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:13 am

when the ban hammer hits, it hits..... how they meant to know what the player is doing at the time they suspend the account?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby StlnSP » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:27 am

kyuss420 wrote:when the ban hammer hits, it hits..... how they meant to know what the player is doing at the time they suspend the account?

They do, though. They have a registry of who's online, who's visiting the forums, and who's in game at real time.

That being said, banning players are good and all, but gaining or losing elo doesn't. Can devs just automatically disband matches that are currently playing when a player is banned? DotA 2 automatically would automatically not count matches when someone disconnects, and Dueling Book disbands matches currently played by a frozen/ suspended/ banned accounts. Considering technically people pay 5 bucks for this game and both dota 2 and dueling book are free, you know....
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:20 am

StlnSP wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:when the ban hammer hits, it hits..... how they meant to know what the player is doing at the time they suspend the account?

They do, though. They have a registry of who's online, who's visiting the forums, and who's in game at real time.

That being said, banning players are good and all, but gaining or losing elo doesn't. Can devs just automatically disband matches that are currently playing when a player is banned? DotA 2 automatically would automatically not count matches when someone disconnects, and Dueling Book disbands matches currently played by a frozen/ suspended/ banned accounts. Considering technically people pay 5 bucks for this game and both dota 2 and dueling book are free, you know....

Ooooh, we have a registry of who's ingame in real time?

Yeah, no we don't.

If a report gets closed as guilty, the suspension or ban gets enacted as soon as someone comes online ingame. If they already are online ingame, the ban/suspension is immediate. Our Judges don't have some fancy software to see who's in an active game or not. And disbanding the entire game would be a lame option. Person dies N1, gets banned/suspended around N5, game gets disbanded. You see the problems there?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:38 am

StlnSP wrote:

I didnt know developers gave such powers to unpaid volunteers who judge reports.....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Jerme » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:20 am

I apologize for the inconvenience that this suspension/ban has brought upon you. The given reason for kick of the player is to have them punished as soon as possible to prevent further rulebreaks and toxic behaviour. The preference was made to protect the players from the person (this was introduced when the game was flodded with racists, who spread their hate in games), than to respect the punished account's game.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions