Cannot enter game without Abnormal Disconnect

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Cannot enter game without Abnormal Disconnect

Postby KaelRavenheart » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 am

I have tried many times to start a game, but each time I am abnormally disconnected before I can enter the game. I haven't played in a while, but my internet connection has not undergone any significant changes recently. I am unsure why this is happening but it is rather disappointing. I am able to login and get into a lobby, but not able to actually enter a game. It seems to disconnect primarily after I press enter on a message. Sometimes I can send a few messages before it disconnects. But I have yet to even see a role list after almost 10 attempts. Please get back to me as soon as you can.
KaelRavenheart
Jester
Jester

Re: Cannot enter game without Abnormal Disconnect

Postby KaelRavenheart » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Still having this issue, days later. Is there a fix for this or what?
KaelRavenheart
Jester
Jester

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 am

Hey Townie!

Would you be able to send us an email at Support@BlankMediaGames.Zendesk.com answering the below questions?:

Are you using web, Steam, or mobile? Are you on Mac, PC, iOS, or Android? What OS are you running? Are you on a 32 bit OS? Are you using a VPN? Are you using IPv4 or IPv6? What were you doing when it occurred? Was it in a game, or on a different screen like customization/shop/party/lobby/etc? Does this happen every time you play? Does it happen at the same times, eg: on logging, on joining a game, on name selection, etc? Does this happen if you use a different device, a different platform, or a different internet connection(mobile data vs your home wi-fi connection, vs a different wi-fi connection)? Do you happen to use Spectrum as your internet provider?

Mobile

Are you on Wi-Fi or mobile data? Does one work, but not the other?

For mobile users it should send us an automatic bug report.

Steam

Steam users could you turn on player logs in your settings, and post your player logs if this happens again? Be sure to download the log before you close the game after you experience issues again as the logs are cleared every time the game is closed. Be sure not to close the game before doing this.

Web

What browser and browser version are you using? Does it work if you use a different browser? Have you cleared your caches yet?

If this happens again could you click the F12 key, go to the console tab, and post that information here? Be sure to not refresh the page before doing this.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby KaelRavenheart » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:01 am

Okay, I have sent the email. May I ask how long I am likely to be required to wait before a reply is forthcoming? I truly do not mean to be pushy, but I do love this game and would like to know the timetable I am looking at before I might be able to play once more.
KaelRavenheart
Jester
Jester

Return to Ask Questions