Killing your GA

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Killing your GA

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:58 am

So I have seen a few times that someone (mafioso, vigi, SK, etc) attack their GA despite KNOWING that they are they GA

And when that happens people start arguing if that is GT or not

Personally I think its gamethrowing (unless the GA was trying to kill you) because they are an extra vote for your faction, they can still protect while dead but having them alive is a lot better than having them dead since you dont have that extra vote for you
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Killing your GA

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:39 am

I think it's gamethrowing if the attacker kills their GA admitting they know they are they GA and they just don't care about winning. But it's a bit complicated, since no faction needs to keep GAs alive.
Attacking your GA can be a valid move if you think they might be something else, you have reasons to believe they will betray you, or you think they will be transported with someone worth killing. Otherwise it's really stupid.
I guess vigilantes can be an exception, since they can confirm themselves and the GA to town without risking death. This can also help if there are many NB claims, though GAs are very easily confirmable.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 am

you have reasons to believe they will betray you

thats gamethrowing
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 am

Not really. If the GA is oposing you or claimed they will help other factions, then by killing them you get an enemy killed, which isn't gamethrowing. Still, there are usually better moves since GAs can only hurt you with their vote.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Not really. If the GA is oposing you or claimed they will help other factions, then by killing them you get an enemy killed, which isn't gamethrowing. Still, there are usually better moves since GAs can only hurt you with their vote.

No, I mean GA betraying their target is throwing, unless their target was trolling and trying to die
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Flavorable » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:55 pm

There is no black and white answer for this, since it depends wholly on the situation.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:25 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Not really. If the GA is oposing you or claimed they will help other factions, then by killing them you get an enemy killed, which isn't gamethrowing. Still, there are usually better moves since GAs can only hurt you with their vote.

No, I mean GA betraying their target is throwing, unless their target was trolling and trying to die

GAs are gamethrowing if they intentionally get their target killed. But they don't actually care about wheter their target wins or not. A good example was mentioned some time ago in another thread. Vip mode is a gamemode where the GA has good reasons to side against their target if their target is town. If the GA gets the vip killed, then the game will end inmediately with the GA winning (if their target is alive) and their target losing. This reduces a lot the risk of their own target being attacked, as long as they are not the vip.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Brilliand » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Joacgroso wrote:GAs are gamethrowing if they intentionally get their target killed. But they don't actually care about wheter their target wins or not. A good example was mentioned some time ago in another thread. Vip mode is a gamemode where the GA has good reasons to side against their target if their target is town. If the GA gets the vip killed, then the game will end inmediately with the GA winning (if their target is alive) and their target losing. This reduces a lot the risk of their own target being attacked, as long as they are not the vip.

The Coven is kind of a special case in general. Another reason the Coven might need to kill a friendly GA is to activate the Hex Master's final hex.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:01 am

Or GA giving their pirate charge a plunder.....

or GA taking a lynch instead of their target/targets faction, in order to keep/give their targets faction majority, increasing the chances that their target lives. Nothing wrong with voting your GA at times....

or Arso doused their GA early game.....what can ya do?

but yea, night killing your own GA, as an evil, is pretty much a wasted night kill.... altho if they havent protected you at all, theres nothing to confirm that they really are a GA at all....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby James2 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:26 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:So I have seen a few times that someone (mafioso, vigi, SK, etc) attack their GA despite KNOWING that they are they GA

And when that happens people start arguing if that is GT or not

Personally I think its gamethrowing (unless the GA was trying to kill you) because they are an extra vote for your faction, they can still protect while dead but having them alive is a lot better than having them dead since you dont have that extra vote for you

If a vig's GA is not voting with the vig they should be shot (in the absence of higher priority targets).
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Ask Questions