My game keeps disconnecting, help!!

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

My game keeps disconnecting, help!!

Postby JustGotMurdered » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how many people can relate to my situation, but here it goes:
So recently, I've picked up ToS again because why not, and I have to say I love the new graphics, it looks cleaner and sleeker. Though, one thing I absolutely dislike is how my game keeps disconnecting mid-game. I'll try to best explain it so bare with me.
Enter the game, wait in lobby, choose a name, get a role, done deal everything is going good. Day 1 - Day 4 it progresses normally. Enter night 4, the countdown is reaching 0, I make my decision and…………………… game freezes. I can hear all sounds and music in the background (if my game freezes in the middle of the day phase), but I can't receive any new messages such as who says what, or during the voting phase, who votes for whom. After my game freezes for some time (like 30-40 seconds, or even a couple of minutes), I get the "Abnormal Disconnection" message. Here, I'll provide an imgur image link which will show you the message I receive at the end (https://imgur.com/RkGhrvT).
I'm at my wits' end here, I can't enjoy ToS like I used to since this is happening basically on a regular basis. Yesterday I was playing on Town Traitor (love the new mode js), I got TT Jailor, but my game disconnected and I got the same message. Please send help :(
JustGotMurdered
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: My game keeps disconnecting, help!!

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:44 am

Tis means that your client somehow dicsonnected from the server.
Could you see if on the console tab (press F12 on windws, or rightclick -> inspect element, then select the console tab) to see if there is an error logged in it?

Edit: Are you currently using a VPN whilst playing the game?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ermit » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:01 am

its happens a lot, but mods, think im liying

the solution at your problem is easy, stop paying ToS stuff, and stop playing until they fix the web bug
they will fix it when they notice there are a only few players playing to match a long wait for a 15 players list, and when they start losing a lot of money
I believe my actions will become the foundation of this world's hope
Ermit
Witch
Witch

Postby JustGotMurdered » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:38 am

Ermit wrote:its happens a lot, but mods, think im liying

the solution at your problem is easy, stop paying ToS stuff, and stop playing until they fix the web bug
they will fix it when they notice there are a only few players playing to match a long wait for a 15 players list, and when they start losing a lot of money

Lmao that's quite the way to put it imo :lol:
JustGotMurdered
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Ask Questions