How do I beat "Town of Salem?"

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

How do I beat "Town of Salem?"

Postby ForescytheReaper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm

I appreciate that there are new levels being added in and character classes, but where does the game end? Do I have to 100% the game? Win as every class?

I'm just not getting it and it's frustrating me to hell. I just want to beat the game once and for all. I've been playing since 2016 and I still haven't gotten any relating to the end of the game.
ForescytheReaper
Jester
Jester

Re: How do I beat "Town of Salem?"

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:33 am

It’s an online game, there is no “end”

You can try getting 100% achievements, but it will be very difficult
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:05 am

how do you beat any game, once and for all?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby ForescytheReaper » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:49 am

MysticMismagius wrote:It’s an online game, there is no “end”

Some online games can be beat, like Portal 2, Diablo 3, and many others. Oh, and I know it may take some months or even a year, but I have to beat Town of Salem once and for all, dude.

kyuss420 wrote:how do you beat any game, once and for all?

You could either finish the game and be done with it, like most games. Or you 100% the game, via achievements and etc. Games like ToS with achievements that are dependant on rare or daring situations make the entire "achievement hunting" aspect more like catching 21.
ForescytheReaper
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am

The end is wherever you stop. It's not a game that has an ending.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ForescytheReaper » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:22 am

Flavorable wrote:The end is wherever you stop. It's not a game that has an ending.

I guess I'll never have the right to say I've beaten Town of Salem then. Well, the best I can do is unlock every achievement, no matter how impossible or absurd, in order to have some evidence of throughout completion.

I'll most likely report back in 3 years by the time I've gotten all the achievements.
ForescytheReaper
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:26 am

ForescytheReaper wrote:

Some online games can be beat, like Portal 2, Diablo 3, and many others. Oh, and I know it may take some months or even a year, but I have to beat Town of Salem once and for all, dude.
Those games have a single player/story mode campaign which can be beaten
This game does not
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby PukuDas » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:09 am

Hey, don't think this game as a level-based multiplayer game which has an ending .
Think this as a simple challenging truth-lier game with roles , to test your cleverness.
All games don't have endings :) .
PukuDas
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ForescytheReaper » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:20 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
ForescytheReaper wrote:

This game does not

I'd support the idea, via donations and or concepts, for a singleplayer mode/campaign in Town of Salem; or at least a singleplayer training mode.

PukuDas wrote:Hey, don't think this game as a level-based multiplayer game which has an ending .
Think this as a simple challenging truth-lier game with roles , to test your cleverness.

Not all games games have endings, necessarily. What I'm looking for in this game is either an official endpoint or %100 completion. Either the game finally tells you that you've won or there's nothing left within the game to achieve. That, is how you finish a game, by definition. Although the chances of such a great addition being added to the game is low, I still have hopes that it may be possible maybe not now, but sometime later. I think it's just because it's a Steam game that I expect there to be an end, or perhaps a means to and end.
ForescytheReaper
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:55 am

ForescytheReaper wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
ForescytheReaper wrote:

This game does not
I'd support the idea, via donations and or concepts, for a singleplayer mode/campaign in Town of Salem; or at least a singleplayer training mode.
The question is, what the hell would that consist of? There was an idea for a singleplayer sandbox mode used to test out uncommon scenarios and recreate glitches, but I don't think that kind of thing is conducive to an "ending" either.

ForescytheReaper wrote:
PukuDas wrote:Hey, don't think this game as a level-based multiplayer game which has an ending .
Not all games have endings, necessarily. What I'm looking for in this game is either an official endpoint or %100 completion. Either the game finally tells you that you've won or there's nothing left within the game to achieve. That, is how you finish a game, by definition. Although the chances of such a great addition being added to the game is low, I still have hopes that it may be possible maybe not now, but sometime later. I think it's just because it's a Steam game that I expect there to be an end, or perhaps a means to and end.
100% "completion" is already possible through achievements, though. It's very hard, and will probably kill a few months, but it does exist. Also I don't think it would be a smart business move for an online game which banks on people coming back for more rounds, to be like "Okay the game's over, nothing more to see here!" A cool reward for 100% achievements would be nice, but that really should be the limit.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ForescytheReaper » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
ForescytheReaper wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
ForescytheReaper wrote:

This game does not
The question is, what the hell would that consist of? There was an idea for a singleplayer sandbox mode used to test out uncommon scenarios and recreate glitches, but I don't think that kind of thing is conducive to an "ending" either.

ForescytheReaper wrote:
Not all games have endings, necessarily. What I'm looking for in this game is either an official endpoint or %100 completion. Either the game finally tells you that you've won or there's nothing left within the game to achieve. That, is how you finish a game, by definition. Although the chances of such a great addition being added to the game is low, I still have hopes that it may be possible maybe not now, but sometime later. I think it's just because it's a Steam game that I expect there to be an end, or perhaps a means to and end.
100% "completion" is already possible through achievements, though. It's very hard, and will probably kill a few months, but it does exist. Also I don't think it would be a smart business move for an online game which banks on people coming back for more rounds, to be like "Okay the game's over, nothing more to see here!" A cool reward for 100% achievements would be nice, but that really should be the limit.

Right, I'll have to 100% achievements and just be happy with just that. Also, a reward for completing such strenuous achievements within the game would be perfect; whether it be a skin, user acknowledgement, or any other means of reward. Businesswise, it would be risky to put an official endpoint in the game, but at least I'll still support and play the game, despite how problematic some users/players may find it.
ForescytheReaper
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:55 pm

I am not sure if there is a reward for having completed all achievements, aside of the MP thats given upon completing one.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions