Aspect Ratio shortcut? 4:3 to 16:9

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Aspect Ratio shortcut? 4:3 to 16:9

Postby ViciousGerbil » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:15 am

I stepped away on the home screen and my cats apparently found a keyboard shortcut that I can't. I came back to black bars on the sides as the game had been switched to a 4:3 aspect ratio. It's still playable, but it's not pleasant to look at. Alt+Enter only puts me into a 4:3 window. Searched forums and found nothing similar other than something stretched on the PTR. Can someone please help me out? What did my cats do? lmao
ViciousGerbil

Re: Aspect Ratio shortcut? 4:3 to 16:9

Postby Jerme » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:28 pm

I believe this is an OS setting instead of a setting of the game. YOu could try checking your display settings if its sewt to 4:3
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ViciousGerbil » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Everything else is fine. It happened in game and seems to only affect ToS. I've tried checking steam settings to see if something changed there. So far I've found nothing. I didn't even know the Steam Unity version /could/ be shown in 4:3 as I used to have an old CRT monitor and stuck to the Web Flash version because it was stuck in 16:9 cutting off critical things like the vote buttons and such.
ViciousGerbil

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:53 pm

I have not seen any display option in the gmae itself and neither in steam as well, so I am not sure, if it could be changed just for ToS. Maybe its something unity specific, thats limited to an hotkey.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 am

Ctrl+Scroll wheel
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ViciousGerbil » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:34 pm

I've tried almost everything I can think of including Ctrl+Scroll Wheel. I guess my cats found something I can't fix. I'll hold out a bit longer but will likely end up having to reinstall. Thanks for trying everyone
ViciousGerbil

Return to Ask Questions