"message rejected for vulgarity"

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

"message rejected for vulgarity"

Postby masonbcool » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:00 pm

The "C Word" (which I can't type out as It corrects to "Fine Person of the Female Variety") gets rejected whenever you try to type it, but why?

The chat filter exists for a reason, and when I turn it off I shouldn't have another pointless filter there.
and this word makes no sense as one of the few things to be censored, considering words like "dick" and "pussy" and are allowed, the definition for the word is "a women's genitals."

I don't really see a reason as to why this word is more vulgar than others.
If the admins think it's only used against women, it's obviously not, it happens to be one of my favorite words to call every variety of fine folks.
that single word is not even the worse insult I can think of, I'm sure anybody could think of something that could be considered more vulgar than that singular word

so when you can call people things considered slurs such as retard, I really don't see the point in this.
masonbcool

Re: "message rejected for vulgarity"

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:16 am

There are two filters in the game, one softfilter which replaces words with others and one that contains words to not be used (=blacklisted), the "Fine Person of the Female Variety" one would belong to the filter for not allowed words, same as for example racial slurs.

What you mentioned is not considered a slur as far as I know.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:22 am

american devs..

certain words are considered very very offensive in america. Meanwhile over here, I use that word to describe a sandwich...
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby dolphina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:49 am

lol yeah this game is american as f*ck
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Indeed. As Americans, and with our highest number of users coming from America, we definitely view some words differently than people from other countries.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Ask Questions