a couple questions about a case of "cheating"

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

a couple questions about a case of "cheating"

Postby NexusTheBrony » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:19 am

In my most recent game, I was reported for cheating, apparently...

apparently, if you click a dead person's name when the game has it focused on them or a couple seconds after they're lynched (about when the jester message would show up), it reveals their role earlier, but still shows up as cleaned, stoned, or their disguised role in the event that is the case. Since this is the inevitable outcome since they are in fact dead, does this constitute as cheating? (note: after reviewing the rules as lined out in the FAQ, while this exploits an undocumented aspect, if gives no advantage as the results are displayed to the rest of the town anyways, just a bit later)

also, I was reported for "being in a discord call with someone else" when 1: i never said i was, and 2: i was in fact not in any discord call at all. would this be considered a false report? and is a false report bannable?

note: afaik i have not been banned for this case... yet
NexusTheBrony
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: a couple questions about a case of "cheating"

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the "exploit" since, as you said, it doesn't provide any real advantage.

A "False Report" by HS/H rules is when you call for reports on someone for something you know isn't true, like telling people to report the jailor for calling you the N-word in jail when that didn't happen. Since the people who reported you genuinely believed you were in a call, they would not be punished for reporting you.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Ask Questions