Multiple questions

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Multiple questions

Postby JahMakin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Does anyone who is paid to care about this community actually care?

If so, who?

What's the average turnaround time on the helpdesk e-mail? (I sent one 10 days ago and still haven't received a response).

Two Global mods + TurdPile told me appeals were handled from oldest to newest and that bumping threads such that they are pushed to 'newer' results in them being handled later,
so why does the volunteer staff lie?

Is there any form of accountability present within this community?
JahMakin
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Multiple questions

Postby Flavorable » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:37 pm

JahMakin wrote:Does anyone who is paid to care about this community actually care?

If so, who?

What's the average turnaround time on the helpdesk e-mail? (I sent one 10 days ago and still haven't received a response).

Two Global mods + TurdPile told me appeals were handled from oldest to newest and that bumping threads such that they are pushed to 'newer' results in them being handled later,

Your first question: The Devs care and the Mods care, otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we're doing. Have you received an automated response? Did you send the e-mail to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com? Was it an e-mail in need of support (things like appeals tend to not get handled via the community manager, since he will just refer back to the forum, for example).

Second question: No one lied. Admins who can grant appeals (Naru and TP) both handle reports from the latest last reply (the bottom) to the newest last reply (the top). Sure, there can be an oversight, or someone can slip between the cracks, but aside from that, that's how appeals get handled.
Straight up denying appeals is sometimes handled more quickly.
Replying to appeals by staff that are there to clarify or ask questions, is done whenever staff finds it necessary.

Can you clarify how you think staff is lying about that when that is how things are normally handled?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JahMakin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Flavorable wrote:
JahMakin wrote:Does anyone who is paid to care about this community actually care?

If so, who?

Your first question: The Devs care and the Mods care, otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we're doing. Have you received an automated response? Did you send the e-mail to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com? Was it an e-mail in need of support (things like appeals tend to not get handled via the community manager, since he will just refer back to the forum, for example).

Second question: No one lied. Admins who can grant appeals (Naru and TP) both handle reports from the latest last reply (the bottom) to the newest last reply (the top). Sure, there can be an oversight, or someone can slip between the cracks, but aside from that, that's how appeals get handled.
Straight up denying appeals is sometimes handled more quickly.
Replying to appeals by staff that are there to clarify or ask questions, is done whenever staff finds it necessary.

Can you clarify how you think staff is lying about that when that is how things are normally handled?

Yes, I received the automated response saying that it was received. It was the correct e-mail. The issue in the e-mail was and is a relevant problem.

So what you're saying is the way things were most recently handled is not the way things are normally handled? Why is it that there is someone with an open appeal from February 14th with their thread still wide open on page 10 or 11, and yet someone who posted a few days ago has theirs resolved? What sparked this change in how things are done?

And is missing 23 open threads concerning appeals that were last replied to prior to any of the ones that are handled an "oversight" or not following the guidelines that you claim are 'normal'?

The staff lied because that *is* not how things are being handled. Which either means all of you are not on the same page, it's arbitrary, or it's deliberate... which segways into, who holds any of you accountable?
JahMakin
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi there.

I can ask Shapesifter how far behind he is, but depending on the issue, it might have taken him a while to get back to you. If his answer doesn't correspond with how long it's been for you, I'll ask you for your ticket number and forward it to him to see if he can see what happened.

As far as Appeals go; They're not a right. It's a courtesy offered by the Volunteer Staff. Appeals are not approved by Developers, and we can easily remove the forum and shut down Appeals in a heartbeat because the Developers themselves do not support the Appeal system. Some of us have full-time jobs (myself and TurdPile especially since we're the only ones who can grant appeals) and as such, cannot monitor appeals 24/7. Yes some people slip through the cracks, but that's when if you haven't had a response, you PM either me or TurdPile, per the guidelines in the Appeals forum you're supposed to read before posting your appeal but about 85% of people don't do it anyways, so that's on them.
97% of Appeals are Denied anyways, so chances are that the one or two people who don't get responded to because of lack of free time, wouldn't be granted an appeal anyways. In my last batch, I went so far as to close to the end of Feburary to make sure that those around the 20th that weren't locked got responded to (a month old). Yes a few further back might have been missed, in which case all I can do is apologize, but at that point, there's no need to respond to that thread to push others back in queue further, and they can make another appeal or (again) PM me or TP about it per instructions.

Nobody has lied about anything nor has anything been changed. Posted appeals are handled from oldest to newest, and if an appeal has already been responded to prior and is still left open, they get gotten to in our "View Your Posts" because they technically were still before others.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask Questions