Can I Call Someone a "Stupid B****?"

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Can I Call Someone a "Stupid B****?"

Postby davisgabriel820 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:11 pm

I just have a simple question. Can I get suspended for calling someone a "stupid b****" once? Perhaps maybe a "f*****g dumba**?" For example, a vigilante shoots a confirmed townie. Can I say, "Are you disabled?" Is it still reportable if I only say it once? Thanks for the input.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Can I Call Someone a "Stupid B****?"

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 pm

dont get mad/tilted in games in general, it really helps

play for the memes/for fun and you'll see what i'm talking about
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 pm

I wouldn't recommend any of these, no matter how bad the game is.

Insulting anyone technically will be valid for Harassment, but everyone's allowed a bad day, as long as it's within reason. Saying all of these in one-go would likely not get you suspended. Getting salty is one thing. Harassing someone is something else. Asking if someone was mentally disabled likely would also get you suspended in and of itself.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:40 am

technically harassment is something that happens more than once tho... Its a bit of a loophole in aussie law (depending on the severity of the comment in question), especially in workplaces, where if you stop when asked, its not harassment. If you keep going after being asked to stop, goodbye job... Known as ''The one shot rule'' So you can ask a coworker out on a date, and thats fine. If she says no, and you keep asking, then that would be harassment.

I dont think calling someone a ''fucking dumbass'' once, after they made a bad play, especially if it cost the match or was the turning point in the match qualifies for harassment. Although calling them a bitch would be considered sexist (targeting their gender - harassment) Or calling them disabled (disabled people would take offence, because even they wouldnt have done something so dumb) is harassment to any disabled person in the match.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Aureolin1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:46 am

None of these examples would ever get you suspended if it was only said once, or even a small number of times. Toxicity is only guilty when it is extreme or continuously targeted at a user throughout multiple phases of the game.
Aureolin1
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby BabyGobln » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Absolutely not.
BabyGobln
Executioner
Executioner

Postby davisgabriel820 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:39 pm

kyuss420 wrote:technically harassment is something that happens more than once tho... Its a bit of a loophole in aussie law (depending on the severity of the comment in question), especially in workplaces, where if you stop when asked, its not harassment. If you keep going after being asked to stop, goodbye job... Known as ''The one shot rule'' So you can ask a coworker out on a date, and thats fine. If she says no, and you keep asking, then that would be harassment.

I dont think calling someone a ''fucking dumbass'' once, after they made a bad play, especially if it cost the match or was the turning point in the match qualifies for harassment. Although calling them a bitch would be considered sexist (targeting their gender - harassment) Or calling them disabled (disabled people would take offence, because even they wouldnt have done something so dumb) is harassment to any disabled person in the match.

This guy gets it.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Ask Questions