Anyone Else Having Steam Link Issues?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Anyone Else Having Steam Link Issues?

Postby ItsRyn » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 am

Hi, a friend of mines has been having a problem playing the game ever since he first bought it. He made an account on the forum and tried to link his steam but nothing happens when he tries. He's also changed his password multiple times since on the forums they say to try that. Other than having the linking issue, he is unable to play the game itself unless he uses friend referral codes. When he tries to play, it says that he needs a premium version of the game which doesn't make any sense to me since I bought the same version and I can play the game perfectly fine. He has already tried emailing the BMG and so have I but neither of us has gotten a response. He sent his email over 3-4 weeks ago and still has not gotten a response. If anyone can help, we'd greatly appreciate it. My friend does really like this game but its sad that he can't even play it properly. Also to clarify he has tried linking his accounts before and after signing into his tos account. If he does it before, it asks him for a password reset (which he has done many times now and on the forums it says his account is inactive) and if he does it after, it shows the yes button to link the accounts but nothing happens when he clicks it.
ItsRyn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Anyone Else Having Steam Link Issues?

Postby Jerme » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:14 am

Did you friend attempt to activate their account on the forums usign this link? ucp.php?mode=resend_act
One cannot have more than one account linked to Steam, so if there is already a linked one, there cannot be another one linked, so the seen behaviour with the messagebox is correct (unless that maybe it should not be shown, btu thats hard to check for now)
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ItsRyn » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:00 am

He doesn't have more than one account on bmg and he can't possibly have an account linked to steam yet since all his attempts have failed so far. I will have to ask him if he has tried to get an activation email again or not. All I know is from what he's telling me is that he has not been able to link his account to steam even after clearing or resetting his password. If it'll be helpful his ign is WilliusPrime.
ItsRyn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:22 am

What would happen if they try to click the "login with Steam"-button on the client exactly?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ItsRyn » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:38 pm

When he clicks the login with steam either nothing happens or it'll ask for a password reset but he's done that a couple of times already. Also my friend said he tried getting the email activation but he tried a month ago and tried again an hour ago. Both times he has never gotten a single email.
ItsRyn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:44 am

Forum email verification you mean?
We are investigating this.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ItsRyn » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:18 am

Yes I am referring to this "Did you friend attempt to activate their account on the forums usign this link? ucp.php?mode=resend_act" he has tried at least three times to get an email verification from the forums but hasn't gotten one once. I believe it still says his account is inactive on the forums. I really hope we can get this all situated so he can play.
ItsRyn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:00 am

Well, the activation is only forum side, on the game side the account should be "active" already.
Tell your friend to check their junk or spam folder, as some providers do not like the bmg-domain for an unknown reason.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ItsRyn » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Well other than the his account on the forum being inactive, hes still not able to play. Hes been able to launch the game but can't play cause it says he needs a premium account for some odd reason plus the fact that he can't even steam link. Like I've said in the very first message, the only way hes ever been able to play at all is by using referral codes which really sucks.
ItsRyn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:45 am

Your friend has an other account linked to Steam, otherwise the linking would not fail. More than asking you to be patient there is nothing that I could offer to you, I did forward the issue, so that it can be looked into. I cannot give an ETA when it is done.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions