Cant Change my password?!?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Cant Change my password?!?

Postby SSPretzel » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 pm

I am only recently getting back into Tos, and i go to log in and couldnt. I saw the email for the Data Breach (Yes, that tells you how long ive been Mia). And i go to change my password after using the password given to me, and now it says my info doesnt even match anymore? If i could get some help that would be great, Ty.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Cant Change my password?!?

Postby Flavorable » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:17 am

What's the exact error message you're getting when trying to change your password?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 am

maybe its the issue I have with my email not matching.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Jerme » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 am

Are you trying to login using the new password in the game? Does that password have some special characters (= non alphanumeric ones)? Flash doies not support every character and would alter the input, causing the password not to match anymore.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SSPretzel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:19 pm

I cant log in cause it keeps saying "verifying account" And yes, im using the Long number/letter password givin to me with the email. But when i go to change the password from the profile page, which redirects me to the main site to change it, it just says theres no email linked to this account.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:24 pm

SSPretzel wrote:I cant log in cause it keeps saying "verifying account" And yes, im using the Long number/letter password givin to me with the email. But when i go to change the password from the profile page, which redirects me to the main site to change it, it just says theres no email linked to this account.

the second half seems to match wrong email, yeah
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SSPretzel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Google wrote:
SSPretzel wrote:I cant log in cause it keeps saying "verifying account" And yes, im using the Long number/letter password givin to me with the email. But when i go to change the password from the profile page, which redirects me to the main site to change it, it just says theres no email linked to this account.

Even tho i have my account here opened up for my email and yet it says it doesnt match :lol:
i sent an email to the main email *Forgot the address so yea* and im also waiting for a response from them. I was going through some posts and saw that some did so i thought id follow suit.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm

SSPretzel wrote:
Google wrote:

Even tho i have my account here opened up for my email and yet it says it doesnt match :lol:
i sent an email to the main email *Forgot the address so yea* and im also waiting for a response from them. I was going through some posts and saw that some did so i thought id follow suit.

your forum email and your tos email can be different, somehow
idk how, its just kind of happened
because of that, you can emails and stuff but you cannot properly change your password
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SSPretzel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:32 pm

So what would you Suggest? Just continue to wait for the email from Blankmedia?
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:34 pm

SSPretzel wrote:So what would you Suggest? Just continue to wait for the email from Blankmedia?

id wait for the email, but its probably best waiting for a gmod/admin to reply as they have alot more experience than me at this

i was told to email the devs about my email mismatch, but I never got to it
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SSPretzel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Google wrote:
SSPretzel wrote:So what would you Suggest? Just continue to wait for the email from Blankmedia?

id wait for the email, but its probably best waiting for a gmod/admin to reply as they have alot more experience than me at this

Oki, Thank you.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:38 pm

SSPretzel wrote:
Google wrote:

Oki, Thank you.

np.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SSPretzel » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Is there any chance i can get an admin or a Gmod to help me :(
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Unfortunately Google here in correct in saying you have to wait on the Devs to respond to your email. Unfortunately the email isn't matching up, and therefor you cannot reset the password.

As long as you've sent an email to info@blankmediagames.com and responded to the auto-response sent by BMG, Brandon should eventually get to your email and be able to assist you.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SSPretzel » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 am

Naru2008 wrote:Unfortunately Google here in correct in saying you have to wait on the Devs to respond to your email. Unfortunately the email isn't matching up, and therefor you cannot reset the password.

As long as you've sent an email to info@blankmediagames.com and responded to the auto-response sent by BMG, Brandon should eventually get to your email and be able to assist you.

Alright, thank you. Thought id try with an admin or gmod.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby SSPretzel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Im sadly not a patient person .-.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Patience is whats required, though, since there are quite a bunch of mails to be processed before yours, along with that the mails are usually handled by one single person, who has other duties than answering mails.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SSPretzel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Jerme wrote:Patience is whats required, though, since there are quite a bunch of mails to be processed before yours, along with that the mails are usually handled by one single person, who has other duties than answering mails.

Ah i understand that. Little surprised they dont take one a few more to do the emails and such :/
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:34 pm

SSPretzel wrote:
Jerme wrote:Patience is whats required, though, since there are quite a bunch of mails to be processed before yours, along with that the mails are usually handled by one single person, who has other duties than answering mails.

Ah i understand that. Little surprised they dont take one a few more to do the emails and such :/

Believe me when I say we've mentioned that, and I myself even have offered to assist. They're very stubborn about a few of these things here and there.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SSPretzel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:30 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
SSPretzel wrote:

Believe me when I say we've mentioned that, and I myself even have offered to assist. They're very stubborn about a few of these things here and there.

Yea, I just havnt gotten the automated email *smiles with a sweat* Even tho i emailed the email above and the one on the main site and not on the fourms. And it could be a bit iknow, im just a very impatient gal.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:34 pm

SSPretzel wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:
SSPretzel wrote:

Yea, I just havnt gotten the automated email *smiles with a sweat* Even tho i emailed the email above and the one on the main site and not on the fourms. And it could be a bit iknow, im just a very impatient gal.

You're saying you didn't get the automated email the first go around? Have you checked your Spam/Junk folders?

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SSPretzel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
SSPretzel wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:
SSPretzel wrote:

You're saying you didn't get the automated email the first go around? Have you checked your Spam/Junk folders?

I have yea, I gotnothing in my spam or junk. The only emails i have around tos is about the forums here.

I emailed them from the Main tos site aka Blankmediagames. Then i came to the forums here to ask. Then i emailed them from the email that was givin from above just to follow it up and send basically the same thing.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 pm

I now that some mailproviders have somehow blacklisted the bmg-domain. Could you just try to whitelist it, just to be sure you can get the mail?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SSPretzel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:40 pm

Jerme wrote:I now that some mailproviders have somehow blacklisted the bmg-domain. Could you just try to whitelist it, just to be sure you can get the mail?

I use Gmail, and i havnt wightlisted in so long i forgot how too lol
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Postby SSPretzel » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:23 am

I know from going through other posts, that it takes 5-6 Business Days to get a reply. But reading other forums about emails. What should i do if i sent 2 emails (one from the Main site and one personaly) and if the orriginal Email was deleted, and then was transferred to my current one. I just want to clear my thoughts and get some gmod/admin opinions.

P.S. I know my emails could have been pushed to spam which could take longer since i sent 2 of them. And im more then willing to wait.
SSPretzel
Executioner
Executioner

Next

Return to Ask Questions